Turn on thread page Beta

Discussion about EDL/UAF confrontations in Birmingham watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Birmingham city centre is, literally, a game of spot the white man.
    Far from it. Some sections of Birmingham, like Lozells, maybe, but not the city centre.

ReputationRep:
    Why an earth are they holding up the Isreali flag?

Aren't they supposedly defending the english or the Israelis?

Well that tells you something, I rest my case with these zionist thugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Media student)

Meh, I don't think anyone who's stupid enough to resort to violence to make a political point [allegedly] really knows what they're standing for anyway. The EDL and UAF are both idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Media student)

I got the impression that this is them trying to say that they aren't neo-Nazis. I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Queen Bee)
    I got the impression that this is them trying to say that they aren't neo-Nazis. I could be wrong.

i agree they are not nazis they are just trying to defend england nothing wrong with that.

uaf should all be put in prison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    i agree they are not nazis they are just trying to defend england nothing wrong with that.

uaf should all be put in prison.
    Both of them should be arrested and locked away. If you resort to violence, endangering the safety of others around you, then your views do not deserve to be aired.

Either take part in the democratic process, or serve your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Both of them should be arrested and locked away. If you resort to violence, endangering the safety of others around you, then your views do not deserve to be aired.

Either take part in the democratic process, or serve your time.

i have the same right as anyone to express my veiws.

ReputationRep:
    i have the same right as anyone to express my veiws.
    Not with violence, you don't. Nobody has that right.

You'll notice that I was criticising both sides, not just your neo-fascist EDL. I similarly don't support the ultra-communist UAF, either. Neither side should be let off the hook for creating a public disturbance like this.

ReputationRep:
    Im ashamed to say I know a few of the people involved yesterday with the EDL but have a big grin on my face now after seeing a picture of one of them on the dail mail website being tackled to the ground

ReputationRep:

You'll notice that I was criticising both sides, not just your neo-fascist EDL. I similarly don't support the ultra-communist UAF, either. Neither side should be let off the hook for creating a public disturbance like this.

i dont belive in violence as i belive it was a peaceful protest.and the uaf was the cause of the violence as normal.

ReputationRep:

Why do people describe the UAF as Communist? They don't have any other policies other than opposing racism/fascism. Communism is far more than merely that.

ReputationRep:
    Videos I took from yesterday, i'm too busy atm to explain what each one is of, however I will happily do it later if you quote me and ask

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...52e4cf672c13fe
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...536903c69ce453
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...e97b218b2b57bf
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...47348f214ac6ed
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...9b8bba97736742

It's best to play them with quicktime (so you can make window bigger)

ReputationRep:
    i dont belive in violence as i belive it was a peaceful protest.and the uaf was the cause of the violence as normal.
    It doesn't matter what you believe, it wasn't a peaceful protest. The EDL are racist thugs who were looking for a fight. Plain and simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Why do people describe the UAF as Communist? They don't have any other policies other than opposing racism/fascism. Communism is far more than merely that.

they look so peacefull dont they.
    they are a disgrace and should leave the country.
    (the muslims in the image)

ReputationRep:
    The EDL are protesting in Manchester soon, There is a very large Muslim population up here...I don't think there going to be protesting for long!

ReputationRep:
    You would of thought racism in the uk would have improved by now but it seems this country is going backwards and turning even more racist. There was a time a couple of years ago where you'd never hear of racist incidents taking place but since last year you hear of more racial tensions.

What the EDL and BNP racist thugs need to get into their heads is muslims, blacks and all other ethnic minorities are here to stay so they better deal with it. I would happily see the EDL and BNP kicked of this country, couldn't give a monkeys where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    You would of thought racism in the uk would have improved by now but it seems this country is going backwards and turning even more racist. There was a time a couple of years ago where you'd never hear of racist incidents taking place but since last year you hear of more racial tensions.

What the EDL and BNP racist thugs need to get into their heads is muslims, blacks and all other ethnic minorities are here to stay so they better deal with it. I would happily see the EDL and BNP kicked of this country, couldn't give a monkeys where.

i bet you would love for us english people to become a minority in our own country.

ReputationRep:
    i bet you would love for us english people to become a minority in our own country.
    Does that include English blacks and asians?

What do you mean by "for us english people"?

ReputationRep:
    You would of thought racism in the uk would have improved by now but it seems this country is going backwards and turning even more racist.
    The EDL were protesting against militant Islam - what does that have to do with racism?

I would happily see the EDL and BNP kicked of this country, couldn't give a monkeys where.
    It's great to know that you don't give a rat's arse about free speech and freedom of association.

ReputationRep:
    Does that include English blacks and asians?

What do you mean by "for us english people"?

asian people are not english they consider themselves indian or pakistani ect.

and a lot of black people consider themselves african or caribbean ect.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.