The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Dont call that a riot!!! Saw better riots in Belfast! Never make the news :s-smilie:
hannah_dru
I'm not saying mainly made up of. If you read what I said, I said could. Even if it is highly unlikely it could still be a lot of uni students.

yeah i was clearly generalising, like what i put. You have to generalise when talking about 1000's or 100,000's of people. Talking about what happens on uni campus isn't representive of all people. Particularly since uni students make-up very few racists that will be fighting in the street.
Reply 63
Hugh-Jackman
everyone in birm hates each other.

blacks and muslims hate each other the most.

whites and blacks aren't too bad, whites hate muslims more.

blacks and whites don't particularly like each other though.

The midlands is pretty damn racist.

All this riot will do is cause constant retaliation.

-black girl who has applied to birmingham uni without thinking about this-

S@*#!
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would ANYONE disagree with a protest against "Islamic fundamentalism"? As the BBC calls it. Especially anti-fascists, I think, like usual, the anti-fascists, are a bit confused :p:
herzblut
-black girl who has applied to birmingham uni without thinking about this-

S@*#!

university will be fine, uni students aren't a problem.
Reply 66
Football fans? Wasn't the Blues playing today, or am I wrong?

I know West Brom were playing..
Reply 67
Sabertooth
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would ANYONE disagree with a protest again "Islamic fundamentalism"? As the BBC calls it. Especially anti-fascists, I think, like usual, the anti-fascists, are a bit confused :p:

This is exactly what i meant when i said the youth were to blame for today. No one in their right mind would disagree with protesting against Islamic Fundamentalism. But all the little Muslim teenagers got on their high horse and took it as an anti-islamic protest. Just an excuse for a barny. That's alls it was. Stupid, ignorant little *******
Hugh-Jackman
yeah i was clearly generalising, like what i put. You have to generalise when talking about 1000's or 100,000's of people. Talking about what happens on uni campus isn't representive of all people. Particularly since uni students make-up very few racists that will be fighting in the street.

Yes I know, no need to say what you already said. You're still not reading what I'm saying- I didn't say it was representative of all people. Where did I say that?
Reply 69
It was the BNP march or some crap like that
And it was arranged to happen around the time all the football is over so your going to have all blues, coventry, villa and other midlands fans up town which would cause more trouble
This doesn't sounds nearly half as bad as the Birmingham, Alabama riots and to me, it just sounds like stupid racists and stupid islamic fundamentalists who were involved (and stupid teens) so it doesn't really come out as shocking.
Reply 71
KinkyBear
yet more proof that multiculturalism dnt work!

Naw.
It's just proof people can be tosspots and are, fundamentally, animals who enjoy the crude enjoyment of violence.
Reply 72
Yea it wasn't a big deal at all. Just mindless violence. I felt sorry for all the little kids who'd spent 2hrs in the Odeon, then came out to the sight of 2 police vans at the doors and hundreds of people screaming and running like wild deer!
Reply 73
Nick_000
Why?

Due to the fact that people think its a good idea to stamp on one another due to a difference of skin colour?

More proof that idiots are idiots if anything.

Is thugz mansion a riot free state?
My dad was in a race riot years ago and his cousin got arrested and stuck in jail for like a month. :cool:

They have them every year around el naqba in Israel.

No, I don't know anything about these riots, I just thought I'd input that.

kthnx.
Reply 75
Great ill be up town for my mates bday shortly. To people that dont seem to think theres no tension. Please open your eyes.
Reply 76
rob6709
Great ill be up town for my mates bday shortly. To people that dont seem to think theres no tension. Please open your eyes.

They must live in a bubble. Stuck in their cars, offices or houses all the time and don't actually really get out that much and see what goes on around the streets of this place
Reply 77
andywylde
They must live in a bubble. Stuck in their cars, offices or houses all the time and don't actually really get out that much and see what goes on around the streets of this place

Exactly. Get out there and experience it for yourself. The city's a dump anyway.
what are you talking about they have a black friend and an asian friend in their group of friends, it must mean racism doesn't exist in brum!

Brum is pretty divided. The most racist people i know have came from brum and talk about the divide.
Reply 79
The most racist people i've known are 13-20yr Muslim boys and old Muslim women. I used to work in a predominantly Asian community in Brum, for 3yrs. The amount of racial abuse towards all other ethnic groups from those people was baaaad. It was the ignorance that was the worst of it. How they just assumed that every white and black person hated them, and how they assumed that ALL white people are Christians.

It's the ignorance of people today that's shocking.

Latest

Trending

Trending