Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I find it funny how most UAF members are militant atheists, yet stick up for those who would happily transform Britain into a religious state.

ReputationRep:
    Pics from it...

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to multicultural britain. Enjoy your dieversity. Next stop: luton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by decadence)
    most of us were problem born here, so no need to welcome us

ReputationRep:
    As already mentioned, Luton is pretty bad. I don't recall anything like this though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avada Kedavra)
    Pics from it...
    Is it just me or does that guy look a lot less into that than the policeman does?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    As already mentioned, Luton is pretty bad. I don't recall anything like this though.

Welcome. You have arrived at luton. Enjoy your stay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDrgrxrR3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QbVoyg7ThI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ygCc9qlWM

ReputationRep:
    pakistanis never mess with us black men

ReputationRep:
    I wonder. If this image presented a bunch of whites over an Asian lad, with their fists raised, would it be on nationwide news, and utilised by the PC-brigade to further demonstrate how evil white Britons are to ethnic minorities? You bet it would.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham really sounds like a terrible place. Something ought to be done!*

*Most likely involving a good few bulldozers in the early stages.

(Original post by RadioElectric)
    Is it just me or does that guy look a lot less into that than the policeman does?
    Nothing a lot of policemen love more than a good scrap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    The Midlands is an explosion waiting to happen. The Lozells riots a few years ago were, indeed, between Blacks and Asians, and, as 'Hugh-Jackman' said, this is probably the main source of conflict. But what we're seeing, from what my grandparents say at least, is that "white flight" is higher than ever in the suburbs, and people are getting incredibly pissed off with it. Birmingham city centre is, literally, a game of spot the white man.
    It's not as bad as some people like to make it seem. It's been multicultural for years. Races have integrated well. The riots you hear about are small and only involve a minority of mindless thugs. Compared to the Burnley and Oldham riots it's insignificant.

In the 1980s where football hooliganism was rife there was a lot of racism. In the 21st century, the midlands is a very tolerant area.

No disrespect NB (most of your posts are extremely sensible) but your post here is completely wrong and very sensationally written.

ReputationRep:
    *!

ReputationRep:
    I was in Birmingham today, briefly... at about 6.20 pm, me and a friend emerged from New Street/Pallasades onto that ramp (y'know, the one with lanes) but before we could reach the road there was a huge commotion: people started running down the road screaming, and soon lots of people were running (probably without realising why).

I kinda assumed someone had been shot/stabbed, or was swinging a weapon around. Then later on we went back and the road was cordoned off with a huge amount of police around. A small news crew seemed to be interviewing randomers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    It's not as bad as some people like to make it seem. It's been multicultural for years. Races have integrated well. The riots you hear about are small and only involve a minority of mindless thugs. Compared to the Burnley and Oldham riots it's insignificant.

In the 1980s where football hooliganism was rife there was a lot of racism. In the 21st century, the midlands is a very tolerant area.
    In the CBD it probably is tolerant, but the inner city is an utter hellhole. And considering Muslims are now purchasing homes in the suburbian areas, it's encouraging a lot of resentment. White suburb residents are the people who fled the inner cities in the '60s and '70s and are now fearing the tide is catching up with them. As rational as it may seem for them to be more tolerant, it's not how people think. Human beings are tribal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    In the CBD it probably is tolerant, but the inner city is an utter hellhole. And considering Muslims are now purchasing homes in the suburbian areas, it's encouraging a lot of resentment. White suburb residents are the people who fled the inner cities in the '60s and '70s and are now fearing the tide is catching up with them. As rational as it may seem for them to be more tolerant, it's not how people think. Human beings are tribal.
    Most inner cities are hell holes

ahh poor white people, some asians are now rich enough to live with them :rolleyes:

maybe whities who dont like it move to one of the many places in england where you could hardly spot a non white person if you tried.

ReputationRep:
    And so it begins...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    And so it begins...
    Does what? the BNP tried to stir it up in the 2000's and caused a massive riot.

Even if there was a riot people would just get over it.

ReputationRep:
    ******* animals. Who does that to people?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome. You have arrived at luton. Enjoy your stay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDrgrxrR3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QbVoyg7ThI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ygCc9qlWM
    Still don't recall those but then I haven't lived there since 98. Point proven though! Luton is just as bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    ******* animals. Who does that to people?
    People do that to people. Who stands there and takes a picture rather than helping?

(Answer: Also people.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.