Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    Whats the difference? Its all hatred ultimately

In Birmingham today Asians were driven by hatred and went into the city centre to attack the BNP (ie. anyone white)
    but would they have if the protestors hadn't gone there first?

i think you need to be clarify where you think the hatred stems from

because from what i recall in 2001 it was from the white side and today the white (racist) side were the most pro active as they were there first. the fact that asians kicked off and caused trouble is to be expected, but i also understand general (read, white) anti racist protestors turned up - so it wasn;t quite a white v brown fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    No, you seemed to be impying that there are more asian on white attacks and that it should be highlighted more because pictures of asians beating a white would hardly ever be shown in the media - maybe you should check out the Daily Mail - because they use 2 pictures exactly like that.

you last sentence is ludicrous
    also look at ITN news....central i think.....youll see the video footage.

ReputationRep:
    I blame the muslim colonies in every city in britain

ReputationRep:
    No, you seemed to be impying that there are more asian on white attacks and that it should be highlighted more because pictures of asians beating a white would hardly ever be shown in the media - maybe you should check out the Daily Mail - because they use 2 pictures exactly like that.

you last sentence is ludicrous
    I didn't say they'd never be shown in the media. But you'll never get "WHITE MAN BEATEN UP BY GANG OF ASIANS IN BIRMINGHAM TUMULT" as you would the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    but would they have if the protestors hadn't gone there first?

i think you need to be clarify where you think the hatred stems from

because from what i recall in 2001 it was from the white side and today the white (racist) side were the most pro active as they were there first. the fact that asians kicked off and caused trouble is to be expected, but i also understand general (read, white) anti racist protestors turned up - so it wasn;t quite a white v brown fight.
    in both cases the hatred stemmed from asians. It would have been better if they'd stayed home, however, they saw the opportunity to beat up a white person. people need to man up and take responsibilty for their own actions

ReputationRep:
    I blame the muslim colonies in every city in britain
    you should move to the hampshire council area - its 93% white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    I didn't say they'd never be shown in the media. But you'll never get "WHITE MAN BEATEN UP BY GANG OF ASIANS IN BIRMINGHAM TUMULT" as you would the other way around.
    buuuut, you do.. i see stories liek that reported in my local newspapers now and again, so they must be reported nationwide (and i see them on bbc also)

ReputationRep:
    You'll find that most poor people living in inner cities don't exactly have the money to move.

ReputationRep:
    You should move to pakistan. No racists there (allegedly)

Why should I move? London is my city

ReputationRep:
    in both cases the hatred stemmed from asians. It would have been better if they'd stayed home, however, they saw the opportunity to beat up a white person. people need to man up and take responsibilty for their own actions
    rofl, but both times the whites had the same if not more responsibility in starting it

its clear where you are coming from anyway, so i'll not bother.

ReputationRep:

Why should I move?
    coz you'll be surrounded by muslims within 20 years. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    buuuut, you do.. i see stories liek that reported in my local newspapers now and again, so they must be reported nationwide (and i see them on bbc also)
    Yes, but do they emphasise that it's a racially motivated attack? Do they explicitly detail "white" and "Asian" so as to present Asians in a negative light?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully America will have finished bombing the muslim world into submission by then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Yes, but do they emphasise that it's a racially motivated attack? Do they explicitly detail "white" and "Asian" so as to present Asians in a negative light?
    Yes they make clear who is the victim and attacker

but its also clear that minorities are victims WAY more than whites.

ReputationRep:
    the west isn't done yet. we'll have your arse back in the corner shop - wait and see

ReputationRep:
    It's good that people are finally standing up against Islamic fundamentalism which is really on par with the BNP with its hatred and intolerance.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully America will have finished bombing the muslim world into submission by then
    irrelevant, they are spewing our babies at a ratio of 20:1 over whites

the game is over for the uk and europe i'm afriad :woo:

ReputationRep:
    the west isn't done yet. we'll have your arse back in the corner shop - wait and see
    nice to see you have resrted to racial stereotypes

should you not be getting ready to get your arse whooped in town tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    ******* animals. Who does that to people?
    I would. The fasc were charging at the counter-demo. They got given to them what they thought they could dish out.

There may be photos of asian lads, but the crowd was bad up of all sorts. I even spoke to a white guy (I'm white) who said he used to be a football hooligan and accidentally strayed across the demo but was happy to stay our side of the police line.

Fasciam is a violent ideology. We cannot afford to give them a platform, we've learned from the past.

They Shall Not Pass.

ReputationRep:
    but its also clear that minorities are victims WAY more than whites.
    Yes, from attacking each other.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.