Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    Yes they make clear who is the victim and attacker

but its also clear that minorities are victims WAY more than whites.
    I've heard that the greatest proportion of racially-motivated attacks are directed against the white population (according to the CfRE). That might be wrong, but it makes sense (considering most of the white population don't venture to ethnic areas).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    in both cases the hatred stemmed from asians. It would have been better if they'd stayed home, however, they saw the opportunity to beat up a white person. people need to man up and take responsibilty for their own actions
    Stay at home so they could let some racist pricks run around on their streets saying how they should be deported etc. ? They took a stand against by means of a legal protest. Why should they stay at home and feel intimidated by some closet homosexual pussies (no offence to gays, I just think that the way a lot of BNP/C18 type people act is very gay, but they all claim to be straight, tough and homophobic.)

'However they saw an opputrtunity to beat up a white person'? What the ****? Bradford riots happened because an asian was attacked in the town centre and the police didnt do **** about it.

I can't speak about Oldham/harehills etc. cos I dont know enough about them.

Also, the tension between asians and blacks in Brum has less to do with race. Even though this factor is pushed a lot to cover the real reasons, blacks say the asians are racist/abusive and keep the blacks down economically - asians on the other hand claim the blacks are racist blah blah etc. etc.

The truth of the matter is the tension is more gang, drug and money related and disputes over turf etc. No news report is going to tell you this because they can only report on what they know and what they are told. Its just a fact that the gangs are made up a long racial lines as they usually are.

Even up north when there is a dispute between some drug dealers which turns into a huge scene - it all has to do with drugs, but the news reports will say some crap about how it was a dispute got to do with racial abuse or the price of a burger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    I've heard that the greatest proportion of racially-motivated attacks are directed against the white population (according to the CfRE). That might be wrong, but it makes sense (considering most of the white population don't converse with ethnic minorities).
    link?

ReputationRep:
    link?
    I don't have one. I heard it on TSR, that it's on the CfRE's statistics page. If you really care then look for it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouz)
    Stay at home so they could let some racist pricks run around on their streets saying how they should be deported etc. ? They took a stand against by means of a legal protest. Why should they stay at home and feel intimidated by some closet homosexual pussies (no offence to gays, I just think that the way a lot of BNP/C18 type people act is very gay, but they all claim to be straight, tough and homophobic.)

'However they saw an opputrtunity to beat up a white person'? What the ****? Bradford riots happened because an asian was attacked in the town centre and the police didnt do **** about it.

Also, the tension between asians and blacks in Brum has less to do with race. Even though this factor is pushed a lot to cover the real reasons, blacks say the asians are racist/abusive and keep the blacks down economically - asians on the other hand claim the blacks are racist blah blah etc. etc.

The truth of the matter is the tension is more gang, drug and money related and disputes over turf etc. No news report is going to tell you this because they can only report on what they know and what they are told. Its just a fact that the gangs are made up a long racial lines as they usually are.

Even up north when there is a dispute between some drug dealers which turns into a huge scene - it all has to do with drugs, but the news reports will say some crap about how it was a dispute got to do with racial abuse or the price of a burger.
    Good post, I agree

Around here everyone tolerates eachother, if it kicks off big time it is usually down to other factors.

of course there are a lot of standalone race issues but the ones that end up involving a lot of people have more to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    I don't have one. I heard it on TSR, that it's on the CfRE's statistics page. If you really care then look for it yourself.
    to be fair if you are going to make statements liek that you should rely on tsr for your info

almost a facepalm moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revolutionary haircut)
    I would. The fasc were charging at the counter-demo. They got given to them what they thought they could dish out.

There may be photos of asian lads, but the crowd was bad up of all sorts. I even spoke to a white guy (I'm white) who said he used to be a football hooligan and accidentally strayed across the demo but was happy to stay our side of the police line.

Fasciam is a violent ideology. We cannot afford to give them a platform, we've learned from the past.

They Shall Not Pass.
    What does a fascist look like? I'm glad a bunch of thugs get to be judge and jury

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouz)

I can't be assed reading

ReputationRep:
    teh riot was between " british citizens against muslim extremist's" groups and a muslim march. both on the same day. was a recipe for disaster. although GO WHITE BOYS!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Human Condition)
    So is Islam.
    that's ridiculous *******. some interpretations of Islam are violent. I've spent time in Muslim countries and the people I've met have taken time to point out how they believe in co-operation and tolerance.

while I am no defendant of ANY religion, if you knew anything at all you'd have held your tongue (or fingers).

PS

I wish this site wouldn't censor us.

ReputationRep:
    nice to see you have resrted to racial stereotypes

should you not be getting ready to get your arse whooped in town tomorrow?
    You yourself resorting to racial stereotypes. Love that hypocritism

ReputationRep:
    UAF are the biggest bunch of bloody grade A fascists I see in this country, anyone who doesnt agree with them is an enemy...

ReputationRep:
    irrelevant, they are spewing our babies at a ratio of 20:1 over whites

the game is over for the uk and europe i'm afriad :woo:
    wow time to start revoking citizenship big time

ReputationRep:
    Sharia Law! thats also what its all about

ReputationRep:
    i think all use british citizens should all relocate to a muslim country and invade them

ReputationRep:
    this kinda stuff takes two to tango.
    The UAF, anti "fascists", pro-islam blah blah blah's are as much to blame as the others...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    What does a fascist look like? I'm glad a bunch of thugs get to be judge and jury
    I'm not a thug, I abhore violence. The thug judges today were those who charged at a group of "mixed race English citizens" (who the EDL wholehearted supports and is entirely made up of). The schock came when there were a huge a mount of people who refused to turn the streets over to a shower of racists. Both physically and democratically.

The fact remains: Birmingham is a no go area for fascists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revolutionary haircut)
    that's ridiculous *******. some interpretations of Islam are violent. I've spent time in Muslim countries and the people I've met have taken time to point out how they believe in co-operation and tolerance.

while I am no defendant of ANY religion, if you knew anything at all you'd have held your tongue (or fingers).

PS

I wish this site wouldn't censor us.
    Indeed, I'm perfectly willing to accept that the vast majority of Muslims are decent, law-abiding, non-violent people. But, there are several issues. The first is that modern Islam is unquestionably more fundamentalist than other religions today. Probably on the levels Christianity was in the 19th century. The second is the cultural side-effects - some of which are completely undesirable - like the burkha, the Saudi Arabian cultural ideals which, no doubt watered down in Britain, pose a threat to traditional British - culturally Christian - ideals. The third is radicalism among certain imams who've notably praised the actions of Al Qaeda, and are spreading their poison through Islamic communities, catching on with the young (indeed, the 7/7 bombers were 'homegrown'). And this radical element is the main issue. You only need a few nutters and the rest will live in ignorance. After all, less than 1% of all Germans knew of the existance of Auschwitz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimsonchilli)
    this kinda stuff takes two to tango.
    The UAF, anti "fascists", pro-islam blah blah blah's are as much to blame as the others...
    I know. LOL. Have these so-called "anti-fascists" ever heard of Islamofascism? :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KinkyBear)
    yet more proof that multiculturalism dnt work!
    The UK doesn't have much of a choice anymore. It can't go out capturing colonies anymore to generate wealth. It has **** all to export. The Africans and the rest of the Third world are safely in the hands of the Chinese.

The only way Britain can maintain its current level of prosperity is to let more and more and more and more immigrants into the country to spend their money here and pay taxes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.