Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have changed my mind about my dissertation yet again! Now planning on doing the handmaids tale and vanity fair! Anyone have any opinions on this choice, or possible topics?

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to do advanced higher because I got an A, but my school don't offer it and they're still debating where the course will take place... I just wish they would hurry up and decide what's happening!

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I'm starting AH English on... next Wednesday, most likely. I know it's only really been a week (ignoring June ) but I get a strong feeling that I'm missing some important stuff... it's running at a different school, so the people there have already started, they're just waiting to sort my place out. Blarghhh. I haven't done a thing for it yet!

ReputationRep:
    I've got no idea what to do for my dissertation. It hurts my brain thinking about it

ReputationRep:
    Ive only decided to take the advanced higher course today, having found out i got 78% in the higher exam, an A band 1! I was so pleased, so decided to give it a go. However, I have absolutley no idea what to do for my dissertation, or what it even involves! I didnt read any books over the summer either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm92)
    I'm looking to do advanced higher because I got an A, but my school don't offer it and they're still debating where the course will take place... I just wish they would hurry up and decide what's happening!
    Same here, it's annoying!
    I really want to get started as I'll already be behind

ReputationRep:
    If I got an A in Advanced higher English, I really don't think I would ever stop telling people .
    Sadly, I will never get one. But its fun to dream.

ReputationRep:
    *Reviving thread*

3 days to go until the exam! Really starting to panic now, on all areas. My class has been doing TA Poetry and Prose Fiction, and we studied for Chaucer and Shakespeare (Antony & Cleopatra,Othello). What is everyone else doing? How do you all feel?

ReputationRep:
    i've grown an unhealthy obsession with tennessee williams and i know 50+ quotes for him. revision is going well but i'm not sure if i will recover from this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shearerlol)
    i've grown an unhealthy obsession with tennessee williams and i know 50+ quotes for him. revision is going well but i'm not sure if i will recover from this
    woww thats pretty dedicated...i know like eight quotes for his plays but i'm focussing on shakespeare for the exam

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.