Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND FIJI?

ok so i'm travelling in less than 6 months now YAY and thought i'd do a bit of research about what visas i need, though i'm just rubbish and found it hard to find anything, AND SO i was wondering if anyone can help me out?

we just need visitor ones for all of them, and i know you definitely need one for australia but how about nz and fiji?

our stop over is also in los angeles so i'm thinking i might need something for that as well?

any advice appreciated

also tell me about your travels!

thanks, jade

ReputationRep:
    For the US you just need to get a ESTA.

Pretty sure you don't need one for NZ unless you're planning to stay more than two months (I think).

Not sure about Fiji.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah ok thanks
    do i have to apply for a ESTA before i travel then?

i dont think i need one for new zealand either, but cannot for the life of me find out whether i do...!

ReputationRep:
    Maaaan google is your friend...

New Zealand British Citizen Visa Embassy !

No you don't need a visa for NZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaaade:))

any advice appreciated

also tell me about your travels!
    For kiwi land, you can stay non stop up to 6 months..

Trust me on this.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Dallas, TX and was allowed to stay 60 days, they stamped my passport and everything was fine. Could be different in California though, it's the same country but a lot varies between states, you should definitely check all the necessities anyway, try contacting the british embassy or maybe there is an official travellers helpline?

ReputationRep:
    I have been to all those places.
    NZ and Fiji you don't need a visa.
    Australia you do and its one of the more hasslesome (is that a word?) countries to enter into, though made easier if you are a British Citizen.
    America has a programme set up with the United Kingdom whereby you can stay up to a certain length of time (i think 30 days) without needing a visa. Its called the Visa Waiver Programme if you want to look it up.

So...
    NZ, Fiji, America = NO (you will just get given a small form to fill out on the plane before you land for each of these places which will be visa and customs related)
    Australia = YES (you can apply online if you visit the Australian Embassy website)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    Australia you do and its one of the more hasslesome (is that a word?) countries to enter into, though made easier if you are a British Citizen.
    Not nearly as bad as the US, mind you NZ made a big deal about a pair of boots right at the bottom of my bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Not nearly as bad as the US, mind you NZ made a big deal about a pair of boots right at the bottom of my bag.
    I didn't find it too bad for the US but I guess it depends what state you are going into, going into Hawaii there was just a few security checks at the airport. Australia I had to fill in a 30 page visa online then got held back at customs for like an hour while they picked me up on every minor thing in my bag which could be considored a false declaration.

And they also conviscated my Shuriken (Throwing Stars) -- even though they were blunt at the ends, *******s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    And they also conviscated my Shuriken (Throwing Stars) -- even though they were blunt at the ends, *******s!
    Ah yes, those well known travel essentials... :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Yeah when I went to NZ we got our walking boots cleaned for us at the airport - they're really big on not bringing in any kinda of biological matter .. kinda cool really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Maaaan google is your friend...
    Too right, Travel needs a mod..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Ah yes, those well known travel essentials... :curious:
    You never know when you might need them...

But seriously, I'd bought them in Japan as a gift for someone back home (I'd flown into Oz from Japan).

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.