Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND FIJI?

ok so i'm travelling in less than 6 months now YAY and thought i'd do a bit of research about what visas i need, though i'm just rubbish and found it hard to find anything, AND SO i was wondering if anyone can help me out?

we just need visitor ones for all of them, and i know you definitely need one for australia but how about nz and fiji?

our stop over is also in los angeles so i'm thinking i might need something for that as well?

any advice appreciated

also tell me about your travels!

thanks, jade

ReputationRep:
    For the US you just need to get a ESTA.

Pretty sure you don't need one for NZ unless you're planning to stay more than two months (I think).

Not sure about Fiji.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah ok thanks
    do i have to apply for a ESTA before i travel then?

i dont think i need one for new zealand either, but cannot for the life of me find out whether i do...!

ReputationRep:
    Maaaan google is your friend...

New Zealand British Citizen Visa Embassy !

No you don't need a visa for NZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaaade:))

any advice appreciated

also tell me about your travels!
    For kiwi land, you can stay non stop up to 6 months..

Trust me on this.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Dallas, TX and was allowed to stay 60 days, they stamped my passport and everything was fine. Could be different in California though, it's the same country but a lot varies between states, you should definitely check all the necessities anyway, try contacting the british embassy or maybe there is an official travellers helpline?

ReputationRep:
    I have been to all those places.
    NZ and Fiji you don't need a visa.
    Australia you do and its one of the more hasslesome (is that a word?) countries to enter into, though made easier if you are a British Citizen.
    America has a programme set up with the United Kingdom whereby you can stay up to a certain length of time (i think 30 days) without needing a visa. Its called the Visa Waiver Programme if you want to look it up.

So...
    NZ, Fiji, America = NO (you will just get given a small form to fill out on the plane before you land for each of these places which will be visa and customs related)
    Australia = YES (you can apply online if you visit the Australian Embassy website)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    Australia you do and its one of the more hasslesome (is that a word?) countries to enter into, though made easier if you are a British Citizen.
    Not nearly as bad as the US, mind you NZ made a big deal about a pair of boots right at the bottom of my bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Not nearly as bad as the US, mind you NZ made a big deal about a pair of boots right at the bottom of my bag.
    I didn't find it too bad for the US but I guess it depends what state you are going into, going into Hawaii there was just a few security checks at the airport. Australia I had to fill in a 30 page visa online then got held back at customs for like an hour while they picked me up on every minor thing in my bag which could be considored a false declaration.

And they also conviscated my Shuriken (Throwing Stars) -- even though they were blunt at the ends, *******s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    And they also conviscated my Shuriken (Throwing Stars) -- even though they were blunt at the ends, *******s!
    Ah yes, those well known travel essentials... :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Yeah when I went to NZ we got our walking boots cleaned for us at the airport - they're really big on not bringing in any kinda of biological matter .. kinda cool really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Maaaan google is your friend...
    Too right, Travel needs a mod..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Ah yes, those well known travel essentials... :curious:
    You never know when you might need them...

But seriously, I'd bought them in Japan as a gift for someone back home (I'd flown into Oz from Japan).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.