Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't move on from my awful final year at uni..please help Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They said vague things at first - stuff like I never paid my share of bills in the house, I never did any housework etc (which wasn't true, I was the one who contributed the most). Then they made up stories to imply that I was crazy, I was antisocial when they had people over, all of it was just lies to make me look bad.
    They sound very petty and spiteful.
    The more time you spend dwelling on it, the more they are winning.
    You are well away from them now and ready to get on with your life, don't think about the last year as "lost", think of it as an experience that has taught you a lot about human behaviour and has made you a stronger and wiser person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    They sound very petty and spiteful.
    The more time you spend dwelling on it, the more they are winning.
    You are well away from them now and ready to get on with your life, don't think about the last year as "lost", think of it as an experience that has taught you a lot about human behaviour and has made you a stronger and wiser person.
    Completely agree. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - it's just a huge shame that you had to meet these people at this time of your life. I think most people will encounter this sort of people whether in the workplace or in a social environment, but at least now you've handled it - and you can handle it again if it should happen. They sound like utter cows, and it's always awful to feel you've lost friends, but really you could gain from this - things can get better now you're rid of them.

Good luck, I'm really sorry all that happened. I hope things get better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Why are they doing all that stuff to you?

Man up, if it's really bothering you starting getting ways of evidence and report them to the police.

ReputationRep:
    It's stories like this which put me off Uni all together. You'd think people would do a bit of growing up but people are still spiteful. I'm so sorry to hear this....gosh

ReputationRep:
    I feel for you.
    They seem like really pathetic nasty girls.
    If I was you, I wouldn't stoop, I'd work on improving and trying to rectify your life rather than letting the situation spiral and affect you as it is doing.
    They are bullies, and to see that they have hurt you, would only please them, so don't let them see that.
    Try to turn what has happened around to make it a positive thing and to make you stronger.
    The second you are able to get on with your life, it will frustrate them as they have not "won" as it were.
    When you have a new group of friends, which you will do, and when you get yourself back on your feet financially, you will be able to hold your head up high.
    I know it's easier said than done, but I think it would be better to exercise your energy into doing something positive, rather than stooping to their level and being equally childish.
    The latter may seem like the easier and more desirable option for the immediate future, but stick with it and you'll be back on track in no time!
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bbeben)
    Why are they doing all that stuff to you?

Man up, if it's really bothering you starting getting ways of evidence and report them to the police.
    Lol "officer these girls are being reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally mean" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OP you can pm me if you want to talk because I went through exactly the same thing this year at uni and it's horrible feeling like this when you are made to feel isolated and made feel like you are the one causing the problems and also being away from the people who care about you the most isn't nice either.

All I can say is that they are the ones with the issues not you, and like helz_91 said just put your energy back into doing something positive and you'll soon forget about them. You've got your whole life ahead of you and you are bound to meet all sorts of wonderful and caring people so just don't let a bad experience get you down.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how it seems to be only girls that suffer

You may not believe me but this kind of thing CAN and WILL be sorted by the police. I have had something like this raised and it worked out alot better than trying to explain to friends. Do it and try and move on with your life when its over.

Very sorry this has happened

ReputationRep:
    You have to let it go.

Move on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry you've been through this. I haven't lived with people like that but I had very similar experiences in school and I know what it's like though I know it must have been harder to live with it.
    What vile, spiteful people. I hate it that some people are that pathetic.
    I feel out of my depth in suggesting things here and don't feel up to writing a really long message but you seem like a lovely person and deserve better and deserve to move on from this with your head held high.
    I'd definitely suggest some counselling as the longer it's left to distort itself and manifest into much bigger insecurities, the more damage it'll do so it's definitely worth talking it over with someone impartial who will only appreciate your side of the story, especially before too much time has gone by. You need to tackle it as soon as possible really.
    Again I'm so sorry you've been victimised like you have, it makes me so angry. What *****es - let's just hope that karma dishes out what they deserve.
    Feel free to PM me if you ever need to get any more off your chest or just rant about them some more, I really can empathise with what you're feeling and don't think you've deserved any of this. Good luck and take care :hugs: x

ReputationRep:
    Maybe speak to a counsellor to let go of this past and help you move on.

There's no point in dwelling on it since its now the past.

i just went through a similar thing this year, with a flatshare i was sharing with. i lost about £2000 and I'm still having to pay back my debts to the bank.

obviously you feel angry with them with what they did as they are such selfish and inconsiderate people.

be glad its over.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.