Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, my girlfriend of a year and a half and I broke up for the third time recently, we were on off since last September when we went to uni.

We broke up and she went travelling from July till august and got back sometime last week. I haven't had any contact her with her or any of her friends since we split. However....

I came online on Friday morning and her mate added me at about 10 or 11 on F.B. I accepted as I recognised the name and then went on her profile about 10 mins after accepting. My ex had left a post on the girls profile saying something along the lines of 'last night was good i got so drunk blah blah', 'to which the girl replied, 'yeh it was i'm still hung over etc'.

Now at first I was just like.. 'oh..right'. Then I thought, hold on a sec, the first thing her friend does hunger over on the morning after a night on the lash is add me on facebook??

My best friend believes that she will have been told to add me by my ex to show me she's moved on and that, kinda playing games sort of but I'm unsure as to whether its just just a huge co-incidence...

I know that whatever it is its not a ploy to get us back together as 100% neither one of us want to go back to it...but I'm just wondering whether I'm being over analytical..

thoughts??

ReputationRep:
    sounds like your kind of thinking too much into it. If this friend starts asking you stuff related to your ex and your past relationship and such then yeah something is going on but otherwise I think your over analysing it.

ReputationRep:
    maybe she added you at a time other than when you accepted? o.o

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? Ignore it

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it matters to be honest. Could honestly be that she just thought shed add you - doesnt mean there was any intention or meaning behind it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sounds a little over analytical to me.

And even if its not and this girl was told to add you by your ex to show that shes over you, then all you have to do really is think to youself how sad it is that she felt the need to do that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.