Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJBzzz)
    It has been in clearing in recent years. Even though there are less places I am hoping it will be in this year To be honest it is not the best subject that King's College offers.
    Yea, i think the main thing about King's is it has a much better overall reputation than all the other London unis except UCL.

Geog at king's has well over 100 people a year, i dont think any came from clearing in my year, and they have just raised the entry requirements, so i think they have plenty of applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob 106)
    Yea, i think the main thing about King's is it has a much better overall reputation than all the other London unis except UCL.

Geog at king's has well over 100 people a year, i dont think any came from clearing in my year, and they have just raised the entry requirements, so i think they have plenty of applicants.
    It was in clearing last year, and by raising the entry requirements, there may be less people applying this year. You don't know until the day, speculating is not really worth it now I dont spose.

also they may have raised the entry requirement as their course is considered better this year by numerous reviews and guides. Also, when UCL and LSE are requiring AAA-AAB, it seems fair they offer ABB to give people and insurance choice.

The course was in Ucas Extra, do you know if it was last year, for 2008 entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJBzzz)
    It was in clearing last year, and by raising the entry requirements, there may be less people applying this year. You don't know until the day, speculating is not really worth it now I dont spose.

also they may have raised the entry requirement as their course is considered better this year by numerous reviews and guides. Also, when UCL and LSE are requiring AAA-AAB, it seems fair they offer ABB to give people and insurance choice.

The course was in Ucas Extra, do you know if it was last year, for 2008 entry?
    Wow, i didnt know it was in clearing last year, i havent met anyone who got in thru clearing... Unless they lied about it! :rolleyes:

Yea King's geog doesnt have that good a rep, but at least it's improving

I don't know about extra, i know quite a few people who had kings as insurance and missed UCL offers tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob 106)
    Wow, i didnt know it was in clearing last year, i havent met anyone who got in thru clearing... Unless they lied about it! :rolleyes:

Yea King's geog doesnt have that good a rep, but at least it's improving

I don't know about extra, i know quite a few people who had kings as insurance and missed UCL offers tho.
    It doesnt have a bad rep mate

You choose the course that is right for you, its not all about league tables. It has been in clearing every year since 2004 though, so fingers crossed I spose.

I can imagine though, anyone missing offers from LSE or UCL will be coming King's which may limit them entering clearing. Im going King's today to have a look round, I cant wait

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.