Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Blackfiars for accommodation today and got an ensuite room. Is anyone else here applied or planning to apply to Blackfriars for Accommodation? I went and had a look round it and Buchanan View and I was impressed with both of them but more so Blackfriars.

So anyone here going there?

ReputationRep:
    Meeee

ReputationRep:
    Nice one mate, what year you going into and what uni you at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coooombe)
    Nice one mate, what year you going into and what uni you at?
    first year and strathclyde, you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm the same. When do you reckon everyone will move in? I think we can move in any time after the 1st but I dont want to go too early that il be the only one there, or too late that everyone will already have gotten to know each other.

ReputationRep:
    yeah same. I think my mum and dad will MAKE me move in on the 1st cos i dont think they will pay for it if im not going to stay there for the first few weeks haha. what type of room are you in?

ReputationRep:
    I only live 25 miles away so I might stay there for a few days then come back for a few days etc.

Ive got a basic ensuite on the ground floor - left the booking too late and it was the only basic ensuite left in a room with a 1st year, you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you are in the exact same situation as me! I have a job at home so I might just go home at weekends to do that and see if I can find anything over there so I can bring in some extra money! Im the same with the classic ensuite but im on the second floor, thank god I just applied before the results came out or I probably wouldnt have got a room I would have liked. The premium ensuites are majorly overpriced in my opinion lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they definately are, £20 extra for a little extra floor space just isnt worth it. Ive only got one flatmate so far though which worries me, hopefully more will move in.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there will be. I have 4 so far but 2 of them are 3rd years and 1 is a 1st year. There is only one boy so far so i feel quite sorry for him haha :P . Just wait a few days till everyone gets their clearing spaces and everything then your flat will fill up

ReputationRep:
    I think my flat is only a 3 bedroom one anyway, not entirely sure though. Yeah I cant wait to go and get to know people so hopefully it will

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into Blackfriars too I'm just going into second year at Strathclyde though Looking forward to it, should be good! I was in Uni halls last year and it was amazing

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.