Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fifth of the European Union will be muslim by 2050 Watch

ReputationRep:
    *yawn* Anyone getting tired of this yet?

OP, it's people like you (with extreme beliefs) who are fuelling this tension. Now shut up, please.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    What's your problem with that OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crusading)
    I have no problem if Europe was made up of 20% Sikhs or Hindus. I am disgusted with the possibility of 20% of my European homeland being made up of Muslims. A people so alien and different to us that it threatens our existence. Your people have a track record of not integrating and imposing your disgusting beliefs on us.

Muslims belong on muslim countries, muslims do not belong in secular, democratic europe. You are an insult to everything my ancestors fought for.
    That's right, we're secular... anyone can believe in any religion they like without the state opposing it. Stop with the trolling. It won't affect you.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem if Europe was made up of 20% Sikhs or Hindus. I am disgusted with the possibility of 20% of my European homeland being made up of Muslims. A people so alien and different to us that it threatens our existence. Your people have a track record of not integrating and imposing your disgusting beliefs on us.

Muslims belong on muslim countries, muslims do not belong in secular, democratic europe. You are an insult to everything my ancestors fought for.
    Ho ho ho and the West has never EVER done this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vertigo)
    Ho ho ho and the West has never EVER done this...
    I dont see wave after wave of british people trying desperately to live in the middle east. I dont see british people obtaining passports and churning out child after child in the middle east or pakistan. I dont see british people going over and imposing western court systems and churches over there.

No, its a projection of the Muslim birth rate in Europe.
    You aren't "born" a Muslim. What reasons do we have to think it could not be the case that second and third generation children of Muslim parents will leave Islam, similarly to what is happening with Christianity? Families that have been here longer will be more likely to integrate, and if they integrate more then, given the nature of our society, one could expect them to be more likely to leave Islam.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see wave after wave of british people trying desperately to live in the middle east. I dont see british people obtaining passports and churning out child after child in the middle east or pakistan. I dont see british people going over and imposing western court systems and churches over there.
    What are you talking about? The West have been in two long standing wars with Iraq and Afghanistan :confused:

Well to my knowledge a lot of religions in the UK have domestic court systems.

ReputationRep:
    And the afghans thank us for our presence. we are in afghanistan because the taliban were harbouring islamic terrorists who bombed our allied civilians.

and we removed a despot tyrant and again the kuwaitis and the iraqis thank us.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be holding Muslims to a different standard than the British...

For example, you don't see them coming to the UK and carving uo our territory as it suits them, you don't see them installing leaders that are sympathetic to their cause in the UK, you don't see them arming the Irish (when we had the troubles) etc etc

ReputationRep:
    And the afghans thank us for our presence. we are in afghanistan because the taliban were harbouring islamic terrorists who bombed our allied civilians.

Can I ask, are you religious at all?

ReputationRep:
    ill be 58! :O

ReputationRep:

After funding and arming him for years...Plus the Iraqis welcomed us with open arms and no fighting whatsoever...

But to get back on track, do you think all muslims are extremists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vertigo)
    After funding and arming him for years...Plus the Iraqis welcomed us with open arms and no fighting whatsoever...

But to get back on track, do you think all muslims are extremists?
    Britain did not fund him, that was the CIA.

I believe muslims are becoming increasingly radicalized, and there beliefs and values are not compatible with ours

ReputationRep:

:facepalm2: Oh dear... Where did you get the impression they were so thankfull?

ReputationRep:
    And the CIA are part of our allies who we followed to war.

I believe muslims are becoming increasingly radicalized, and there beliefs and values are not compatible with ours

Well to be fair, the west has been the most radical in it's reactions to extremism, causing untold amounts of damage that Isalmic fundamentalists could only dream of. We invaded two soverign nations and killed thousands of innocent civilians in retaliation for the destruction of two buildings.

ReputationRep:
    A fifth of the world is already Muslim. By 2050, the world will be much more globalised than it is now, I dare say people will care much less about European demarcations. Movement around the globe will follow local opportunities much more fluidly than it does now, and I imagine this concern of yours will seem quaint.

+ what Kolya said.

ReputationRep:

No I think you'll find the UK helped too and other countries contributed as well but whatever.

What beliefs and values are you talking about? What about freedom of religious practice in the UK? Obviously the law has to come in at some point (i.e. before unbelievers are culled/bigamy/crucifixions), where do you suggest this is?

ReputationRep:
    Allah is promoting Islam all over the world through non-terrorist ways.

ReputationRep:
    Birth rate trends are not an exact science, take it with a pinch of salt

Also, I don't believe we record the religion on birth certificates. How exactly do we know which new babies are muslim?

Radio 4 did a good debunking of these figures recently
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ss/8189434.stm

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry if the BNP get in power, "we'll" sink their boats.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.