Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fifth of the European Union will be muslim by 2050 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well if Muslim population will increase in 2050 it's not a problem if they change their attitude.Most of them who are being discriminate will discriminate others.Hence,hatred will begin and anger will fuel up.Teach them to forgive and to stop hating Jews and Christians.I believe Muslims are human being just like Jews and Christians,Hindus ,Buddhist and ect, just be kind to them.Don't worry Peace be upon you I'm a multicultural Muslim girl who mingle with people from allsort of religious background and I don't think I'm a problem and the European girls love our belly dance!

ReputationRep:
    Britain, Spain and Holland will have an even higher proportion of Muslims in a shorter amount of time, an investigation by The Telegraph shows.
    By Adrian Michaels
    08 Aug 2009
    Last year, five per cent of the total population of the 27 EU countries was Muslim. But rising levels of immigration from Muslim countries and low birth rates among Europe's indigenous population mean that, by 2050, the figure will be 20 per cent, according to forecasts.
    Data gathered from various sources indicate that Britain, Spain and Holland will have an even higher proportion of Muslims in a shorter amount of time.
    The UK, which currently has 20million fewer people than Germany, is also projected to be the EU's most populous country by 2060, with 77 million people.
    The findings have led to allegations that policy-makers are failing to confront the widespread challenges of the "demographic time bomb".
    Experts say that there has been a lack of debate on how the population changes will affect areas of life from education and housing to foreign policy and pensions.
    Although some polls have pointed to a lack of radicalisation in the Muslim community, little attention is being given to the integration of migrants, it is claimed, with fears of social unrest in years to come. Source:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...m-by-2005.html

ReputationRep:
    4/5 are Christian, nothing is said about that.

ReputationRep:
    Old England is long gone now. I hope the economy was worth the death of the nation

ReputationRep:
    Already a thread on this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=990603

Besides it's extrapolated data, so it's essentially guesswork, and even if it is true, so what?

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    Oh for God's sake, WHO GIVES A FLYING **** WHAT RELIGION YOU ARE?

This is nothing more than thinly veiled racism.

ReputationRep:
    Good. I like Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    If you are interested in the subject then read Mark Steyn's America Alone: The End of the World as we Know it.

Basically if 90% of the population was having only 1 child and 10% are having 3 children the two groups will reach 50-50 parity within just two generations. Whether you think its a good or bad thing is a seperate matter the demographic trends, even when they are exaggerated (as on the popular youtube clip) are undeniable. And in this context the host society will not necessarily assimilate the minority to western secular values and freedoms, so we will see a vast transformation in the religious and cultural life of Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    4/5 are Christian, nothing is said about that.
    or atheist/agnostic/Buddhist/hindu etc.

tbh i'm not quite sure what the article is getting at, whether it is a point about ethnicity and immigration from Islamic countries etc.

or just a 1/5 of Europeans will be part of a "non-native" region/culture, either way, the article is very ambiguous as to what its point is.

Oh dear. What ever will happen to our native Christian (but really agnostic) population?

:pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I can't see what the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    Theres no concrete evidence to suggest that the demographics of the European Union will end up being that of suggested by the article. Even to an extent if it were true, what exactly is the problem?. I think many people have a distorted image of muslims and Islam based on the actions and views of a few individual fanatics. Thus in turn, when population estimations are conveyed, many are left in an uncomfortable state with the thought of an increase in 'muslims'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anarchist)
    rising levels of immigration from Muslim countries and low birth rates among Europe's indigenous population mean that, by 2050, the figure will be 20 per cent, according to forecasts.
    That is the best news I have heard all week !:yes: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    Its crap. Britain is meant to British and, no offense to Muslims, I don't want to live in a muslim country. I just have a funny feeling we're betraying our nation. All those people who died in the first world war...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crusading)
    I dont see wave after wave of british people trying desperately to live in the middle east. I dont see british people obtaining passports and churning out child after child in the middle east or pakistan. I dont see british people going over and imposing western court systems and churches over there.
    I take it you've never been to Dubai then :rolleyes: ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    *yawn* Anyone getting tired of this yet?

OP, it's people like you (with extreme beliefs) who are fuelling this tension. Now shut up, please.
    I agree...People who bother with this kind of stuff obviously have no life

ReputationRep:
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    Its crap. Britain is meant to British and, no offense to Muslims, I don't want to live in a muslim country. I just have a funny feeling we're betraying our nation.
    LOL. Britain can still be British even if there are more Muslims. It wasn't always Christian, was it? People got used to that eventually.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.