Turn on thread page Beta

Should I get this outfit? watch

ReputationRep:
    I like black and grey the best for clothes tbh, I'm not a very bright colour-y person. The only thing is my shoes are like, all brown.
    I might just wear red lipstick and a red scarf.

ReputationRep:
    I like it, although the hat depends. If it suits you and you're likely to wear it, then go for the hat as well

In terms of colour, it is a bit plain, but I wear a lot of dark stuff because I'm comfy in it, and can use it as a backdrop for fun accessories that would otherwise be too much. If you think you could adapt and incorporate a more colourful cardi into your wardrobe, then it's a good opportunity to branch out, but don't waste money on something you're not going to use.

ReputationRep:
    I have the top. Its the best thing i own at the moment. For some reason i like having my back on display, feels kind of nice.

ReputationRep:
    I like it. Wardrobe staples are always good. So versatile.

ReputationRep:
    Yehhh looks chic in a typical French mademoiselle way. Perhaps funk it up though, you need to keep it young and not go down the 'librarian' route (nothing wrong with librarians, I :heart: libraries me). How's about some colourful bead and ballerinas?

ReputationRep:
    i really like it..a bit boring though..

ReputationRep:
    I really like it
    If you're not one to wear bright colours, perhaps you could add a bit of jewellery to make it more exciting? Like a long necklace and a couple of bracelets?

ReputationRep:
    it's not backless and it's in the dresses section haha

ReputationRep:
    I like it asim, dead simple but super versatile.

I don't like the purple cardigan though :yucky:

Red would be yum with it :coma:

(ps...i miss you in the box/on skype :emo:)

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your complexation and hair colour. It could look a but dull depending on the person.

Like, you have to have a constasting look, like pale skin, or redhead would look gd =)

ReputationRep:
    disgusting hat but yeah it's a nice safe outfit. i have a few dresses like that and they're really versatile.
    personally wouldn't wear it with all the bright colours people are suggesting, probably leather accessories(black or brown, screw people who say you can't wear brown shoes with black) and some antique gold coloured jewellery or hardware on a bag.

ReputationRep:
    i love the hat !!
    if you find a nice black/grey shoes yeah go for it

ReputationRep:
    I love it but put some colour with accessories

ReputationRep:
    Its nice, but I don't really like the hat.

ReputationRep:
    Cardi and dress are both really good basics, but a bit boring together maybe. And I hate the hat, I've never seen a hat like this look good on anybody.

ReputationRep:
    Needs some colour :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)

Personally I really like that outfit, although I'd say you'd probably be better off sticking to less casual events/occaisions, but I don't know what you normally wear so :dontknow:

It's a nice outfit, and I reckon it would look good on you, so go for eeet :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Good outfit. Black is classy I guess. If you don't think it's colourful enough, compliment with jewellery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Personally I really like that outfit, although I'd say you'd probably be better off sticking to less casual events/occaisions, but I don't know what you normally wear so :dontknow:

It's a nice outfit, and I reckon it would look good on you, so go for eeet :teeth:
    :teeth:
    I normally wear stuff a bit like this but probably less sophisticated :teeth:
    But thanks

ReputationRep:
    I like it. It looks really French chic! You know what would be really cool? Tie a small red scarf around your neck to really make the outfit stand out!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.