Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do YOU like the clingy type... Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you like the clingy type?
    Yes
    41.25%
    Maybe/Depends
    38.75%
    No
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    I'd imagine clingyness to be a big turn-off. I've never really had a clingy guy that I can think of, but jealousy has turned me off a guy in the past, and not even major jealousy, just thinking Im "into" a guy because I'm speaking to him. I can talk to who I want, when I want, and go where I want thank you very much.

Because I hate jealousy and clingyness so much in men, Im very wary of being even slightly clingy or jealous myself. I hide jealousy the majority of the time and end up feeling crap about stupid things for not sharing my concerns, and I think sometimes I try so hard not to be clingy that it looks like Im not interested at all. Hrm, think there's a middle ground that's very hard to reach, but if you're perceptive about how your guy/girl reacts to your reactions then you can change your reactions to things so that you still get what you want but dont piss anyone off too much. However if you end up having to change too much then you're with the wrong person really.

Wow, what a load of crap I just wrote, sorry!
    Yeah I get like this.

ReputationRep:
    I hate clingyness so badly! It's my worst nightmare!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - if i liked him
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - if i didnt like him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    yeah people that constantly agree with you, tell you your perfect at everything (when its obvious your not) and knowing that you could clikc your fingers and ask him to dance when you wanted......
    :rolleyes:
    EXACTLY! girls always agree with me on this and then boys tell me i have a heart of ice :rolleyes: :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    yeah people that constantly agree with you, tell you your perfect at everything (when its obvious your not) and knowing that you could clikc your fingers and ask him to dance when you wanted......
    :rolleyes:
    Agreed. It shows they can't really like you for you as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slightlyoddchild)
    EXACTLY! girls always agree with me on this and then boys tell me i have a heart of ice :rolleyes: :P
    no i get what u mean, i mean come on lets face it you arent perfect in every way so it would just be patronizing to say that. lol. i have a friend who who is really really clingy/jealous, and i just find it annoying everytime he goes to me and says "shes so perfect and pretty and smart and pretty and perfect and confident......blah"

maybe im just single and bitter :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I think the main reason why my ex and I split up is because of this exact reason. She was the opposite of clingy and, you know, sometimes it's nice to be clingy just so the other person can really feel that you care.

In my opinion I'd want a bit of a clingy girlfriend - you know where you stand with a clingy girlfriend rather than one that acts the opposite and you're left wondering if she does care or just doesn't want to show she does.

ReputationRep:
    hell yes.
    i like the attention.

ReputationRep:
    No no and no, Clingy type is the same type of person who hire a hitman to kill you if you leave the relationship or the same type to kill you during your sleep for cheating!

ReputationRep:
    I like it...shows they're into you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.