Turn on thread page Beta

Results Day watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well since I'll be arraving in a 25 foot long black limousine (that is, after having checked my results on Track), I guess I'll have to settle for an all-white outfit. This will be a white chain, diamond ring, white tie, white shirt, white suit, white waistcoat, white cane and a white bowler hat. I'll also be wearing my white shoes with my white socks. My security guards will be dressed in a similar fashion.

After all, it is results day...gotta make sure I look my best for my fellow male (ex)class-mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnx)
    I am interested... :ahee: Ha! Good results?
    Great thanks! But seriously, where is everyone going on results day?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear me...

I will be wearing jeans, a tee and converses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanybob)
    Where are you all going??? My results came in the post. (I was in my pj's if anyones interested.....)
    To school! Down here we have to go and collect our results in person :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol at everyone's reaction to the thread. It's not such a silly idea to think about what you're going to wear y'know cos I ended up in the local paper and so were lots of other students in the area. They did class photos at each college and sometimes people have 'lucky' clothes or charms etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lallz)
    For everyone who keeps bashing the OP: stop being such condescending chauvinist trolls, grow up, and realise people have different priorities to you. If you can't contribute to the subject positively, then don't bother.

To answer the question: I definitely wouldn't advise heels, or at least very high ones, in case what you find inside your results envelope renders you unable to stand. And I wouldn't go too dressy as worrying about what you're wearing will only make the whole ordeal worse. Plus I highly doubt people would notice what anyone else is wearing. Just wear something that you feel comfortable and good in.

I think I'll just wear something casual. Depending on the weather I guess that will be either a dress and gladiator sandals or jeans and boots. Arasuifnirnnroinomnew!! RESULTS!!
    Thanks

I'll probably go smart casual, seeing as I may be in the newspaper and I don't want to look scruffy/unsightly.

ReputationRep:
    I have a "formal interview" just after I receive my results in order to get into sixth form. They've left it a little late, though this isn't entirely their fault.

ReputationRep:
    i can't believe there are people fussing over and planning in advance what to wear for results day! seriously, not cool.

ReputationRep:
    Something not too casual as I won't have seen some of the people there for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    Well since I'll be arraving in a 25 foot long black limousine (that is, after having checked my results on Track), I guess I'll have to settle for an all-white outfit. This will be a white chain, diamond ring, white tie, white shirt, white suit, white waistcoat, white cane and a white bowler hat. I'll also be wearing my white shoes with my white socks. My security guards will be dressed in a similar fashion.

After all, it is results day...gotta make sure I look my best for my fellow male (ex)class-mates.
    This made me laugh so much (no offence...) :p:

A group of boys arrived at my prom dressed like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whiplash)
    Oh my god you have got to be kidding me.
    I completely agree! In fact, I am beside myself with laughter while I'm typing this!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)

I would have an unbelievable amount of respect for someone if they did this.

ReputationRep:
    Pants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lallz)
    For everyone who keeps bashing the OP: stop being such condescending chauvinist trolls, grow up, and realise people have different priorities to you. If you can't contribute to the subject positively, then don't bother.
    Chauvinistic? I presume you mean in the sexist sense?

Girl asks what she should wear on results day.
    Girl is generally decried as a moron for doing so by men and women alike.

What about this is chauvinistic? Surely, were we to be true male chauvinists, we would welcome a woman to care more about her looks than her academic achievements?

This cretinous girl is, if anything, a throwback to a pre-feminist and sexist time and culture. What you are defending is completely anti-feminist and degrading to women, the notion that women ought to care more about their appearance than intelligence because their appearance will get them further in life.

Now go die in a hole with the sexist OP

ReputationRep:
    well.. ive been told im going to be in the local newspaper..so I'll wear my new clothes.. jeans, jumper, trainers just like any other normal day in college

OMG so lyk, I'll be wearing this UBER-cute lil outfit yeaah - it's lyk TOTALLY awesome cos it has all these cute little hearts and bunnies awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!11!21!

I planned this 2 wks ago - which I knw is a lil late but lyk I was busy planning my outfit for my birthday next january ^_^

ReputationRep:
    wt difference does it make ??:P

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why everyone's so ...*sigh* about the thread Anyway if I end up buying this lycra flowery top before then I'll wear that with my Topshop flowery skirt, black tights and pointy blue shoes, because I think it'll look cool against my new red/white hair (haven't decided)

It matters a lot because
    a) how I look determines how I feel
    b) for the rest of my life every time I wear those clothes I'll remember the occasion
    c) our school take a million photos and repeat them on 'inspirational' slideshows at least once a term for every year's assembly. And on a loop on the fancy tv screens around school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanybob)
    Great thanks! But seriously, where is everyone going on results day?
    hmmm I don't think everyone will go to a particular place, I guess some people will go to pub and some just straight to home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Chauvinistic? I presume you mean in the sexist sense?

Girl asks what she should wear on results day.
    Girl is generally decried as a moron for doing so by men and women alike.

What about this is chauvinistic? Surely, were we to be true male chauvinists, we would welcome a woman to care more about her looks than her academic achievements?

This cretinous girl is, if anything, a throwback to a pre-feminist and sexist time and culture. What you are defending is completely anti-feminist and degrading to women, the notion that women ought to care more about their appearance than intelligence because their appearance will get them further in life.

Now go die in a hole with the sexist OP

You are a fool if you think that beauty and intelligence are mutually exclusive. No one is saying they care more about their appearance than their intelligence. It's quite shocking to me that even here a girl can be viciously attacked for caring about the way she looks. Deciding what to wear on results day might be for some people a comforting thing, a way to alleviate the nerves. People keep going on about priorities, but it's not like it's essential to be a gibbering wreck on results day so much that you can't even think about what you're wearing. Why shouldn't you think about your outfit? As someone said, you can't change your results so there's no point having a nervous breakdown over it. We all have different ways of dealing with things so, seriously, grow up.

And, by the way, you last sentence merely confirms the suspicion that you need to get yourself some maturity.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.