Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but I thought I'd post it anyway, just in case. Three of the people that I'm living with next year received no e-mail informing them that they had an offer for accommodation. On calling the accommodation department it became clear that they were having a problem with the e-mail system.

I suggest that all new students who applied periodically login to http://webapp1.st-andrews.ac.uk/AccN...ewStudents.jsp rather than wait for an e-mail because your accommodation offer is only valid for 10 days.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably if we haven't got accommodation yet we can't log in, right?

ReputationRep:
    You can, it will just say that you haven't got any allocated contracts yet. All you need to log in is your stedent ID no and your date of birth. Click onto "Contracts" and if there's something there then you've got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I'd said I hadn't registered yet or something

I'm pretty sure I did yesterday though...

ReputationRep:
    I'd maybe phone them tomorrow about it then - I just logged in the first time I used it and it was fine.

ReputationRep:
    Which student ID?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It should look something like 09XXXXXXX (where the X's are all numbers)

ReputationRep:
    Um, possibly very silly question- but where do you get your student number?? Is it just your UCAS number?

ReputationRep:
    And ohmygod. I didn't realise people had been getting accommodation offers since the start of July. I haven't heard anything yet :eek: Is it because St Andrews is my insurance choice? I filled out the application form for accommodation well before the deadline (because you have to even if its your insurance) so should I be worried I haven't heard anything, or do they not allocate rooms for insurance choices until they become firms?

ReputationRep:
    I received my accommodation offer when I was on holiday, but it was still valid 20 days later rather than expiring after 10 days like they said it would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eimky)
    And ohmygod. I didn't realise people had been getting accommodation offers since the start of July. I haven't heard anything yet :eek: Is it because St Andrews is my insurance choice? I filled out the application form for accommodation well before the deadline (because you have to even if its your insurance) so should I be worried I haven't heard anything, or do they not allocate rooms for insurance choices until they become firms?
    Only people with unconditional offers received them at the start of July AFAIK. I would guess that the reason that more people seem to be getting them at the moment is because the Scottish exam results (and IB results?) have just been published and people are meeting their offers. I would guess that you haven't heard yet because your results haven't been published?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bucky!)
    Only people with unconditional offers received them at the start of July AFAIK. I would guess that the reason that more people seem to be getting them at the moment is because the Scottish exam results (and IB results?) have just been published and people are meeting their offers. I would guess that you haven't heard yet because your results haven't been published?
    Oh ok that makes sense. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eimky)
    Um, possibly very silly question- but where do you get your student number?? Is it just your UCAS number?
    Nope it's a number they send to you in a mail when you have been officially accepted (could take 2 to 3 weeks after sending your grades before you recieve the mail)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmathePiper)
    You can, it will just say that you haven't got any allocated contracts yet. All you need to log in is your stedent ID no and your date of birth. Click onto "Contracts" and if there's something there then you've got an offer.
    Hey thanks for letting us know about this btw! I managed to login no problem and I added my email address under 'Online email contact.'... But i can't find a button that says 'Contracts'... where abouts is that? Or does it only appear once you get accommodation? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -C'est Moi-)
    Hey thanks for letting us know about this btw! I managed to login no problem and I added my email address under 'Online email contact.'... But i can't find a button that says 'Contracts'... where abouts is that? Or does it only appear once you get accommodation? Thanks!
    Sorry about late reply XD

Contracts appeared before I got my offer I'm pretty sure, on the left:
    * Home
    * Maintain
    o Personal Details
    o Contact Details
    * Contracts
    * Logout
    Then just click on contracts, and if you have an offer it will appear. It should have 2009/2010 if it's for this year, and then you click the last button for more information. This will tell you where the offer is, in what sort of accommodation, your room number and lots of other handy stuff. This is also the place to accept the offer (at the bottom of the page).

ReputationRep:
    No worries and thanks.. I've found it now! I'm so confused, I swear it wasn't there before lol but never mind, it's definitely there now!! I've got an offer for Andrew Melville which isnt the prettiest from the ouside but looks awesome nevertheless Thanks for your help.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.