Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello !
    I'm posting this again in hope to get help

I guess all those who did edexcel examinations recieved an online results PIN from their schools

I got mine and registered about a day ago , but still didn't get a confirmation e-mail ... though it's supposed to sent instantly ...

Plus , last year i got my PIN and registred and everything went A-OKAY but on the day the results were out whenever i enter my PIN it would display my name , centre # , cand. # with a msg saying that the service is unavailabe ...

does anyone have an experience with this ?

(Original post by FZka)
    Hello !
    I'm posting this again in hope to get help

I guess all those who did edexcel examinations recieved an online results PIN from their schools

I got mine and registered about a day ago , but still didn't get a confirmation e-mail ... though it's supposed to sent instantly ...

Plus , last year i got my PIN and registred and everything went A-OKAY but on the day the results were out whenever i enter my PIN it would display my name , centre # , cand. # with a msg saying that the service is unavailabe ...

does anyone have an experience with this ?
    I remember doing this a while back now. When I did my AS exams in 2007 I registered early and got the email soon after and collected my results online. But for my A2 exams in 2008 I only registered a few days before results day and I don't think I got the confirmation email till a while later (I'll go check for you tomorrow in fact, the email should be in my home inbox so I can tell you exactly how many days later I got the email )

Sometimes the service is unavailable due to the sheer demand and sometimes you can't login till results day itself (I think)

ReputationRep:
    thanks , i'd be grateful

(Original post by FZka)
    thanks , i'd be grateful
    If I haven't posted in this thread, quote me again in this thread tomorrow so I remember

ReputationRep:
    Ok

Anyone else ????? :'(

ReputationRep:
    I got an e-mail confirmation immediately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    If I go to school on the results day, would they give me the same details as those which would appear when i sign in online ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    I remember doing this a while back now. When I did my AS exams in 2007 I registered early and got the email soon after and collected my results online. But for my A2 exams in 2008 I only registered a few days before results day and I don't think I got the confirmation email till a while later (I'll go check for you tomorrow in fact, the email should be in my home inbox so I can tell you exactly how many days later I got the email )

Sometimes the service is unavailable due to the sheer demand and sometimes you can't login till results day itself (I think)
    If I go to school on the results day, would they give me the same details as those which would appear when i sign in online ??

ReputationRep:
    :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    Yes, of course...and don't worry, I'm sure you'll receive an e-mail confirmation (disclosing your password) shortly.

Can you remember what came up on the page after you entered your details?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Yes, of course...and don't worry, I'm sure you'll receive an e-mail confirmation (disclosing your password) shortly.

Can you remember what came up on the page after you entered your details?
    yeah ... sth like i should receive a confirmation e-mail , and yeah I'm sure i typed my adress right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    yeah ... sth like i should receive a confirmation e-mail , and yeah I'm sure i typed my adress right
    You should get an e-mail soon then. Try not to worry too much. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    um... I did Edexcel Geography but I don't have a clue what this online thing is.. I just go to college on results day and pick up the results slip with the rest of the exam boards' slips...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orionmoo)
    um... I did Edexcel Geography but I don't have a clue what this online thing is.. I just go to college on results day and pick up the results slip with the rest of the exam boards' slips...
    ite, longtymnoC :awesome:

(Original post by orionmoo)
    I think that if your school has signed up for the online results thing they would have given you a slip with a code which you could have used to register for the results site. However if they haven't then it might be that they have not registered for the system and have instead chosen to give you the results a few hours later

(Original post by FZka)
    yeah they will gave you the same results and with a proper results sheet. The only advantage of the online thing is getting results a few hours early or getting them if you're not in the country at the time

I've trawled through the many emails in my inbox and it looks like they've been deleted. But I'm pretty sure that they were slow to get back to me with the confirmation email. If you're sure that you've registered properly and you still haven't received it then you could always email them and ask them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    ite, longtymnoC :awesome:
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even get a PIN this year. I'd very much like one though.

(Original post by PJ991)
    I didn't even get a PIN this year. I'd very much like one though.
    Did your school give anyone in your year a pin? If they didn't then the school might not have signed up for it this year (I believe that this is how it works :unsure:)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.