Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If everyone else can have a self serving thread, why can't i? Watch

Anon or the flying monkeys will find you :yes:

well basically for the past few months I have been pretty much down in the dumps. for the reasons of loosing relatives to cancer and alzheimers, along with worrying about my placement ( i had one secured until a few weeks ago then I was let go for no real reason )

I feel some what ashamed that I have been taking this out on some of my friends, rambling at them or just seeking attention. One in particular who has been a very great friend to me has received the brunt of this madness and hasn't told me to leave him alone which is somewhat a testimate to how awesome he is. But now he seems rather cold and a bit indifferent to me, I know I am still his friend but I do not know what damage I have caused to our friendship.

The bridge isn't burnt down but is in need of some structural reinforcements. If that metaphor makes any kind of sense I will be amazed. :woo:

Any ideas how I could show that I am thankful for him and my other friends?

ReputationRep:
    How often you speak to him about your problems? The indifference he shows might be him thinking "..here we go again". I mean I'm sure he;s supportive but if someone tells you their problems which are the same day after day it kind of loses it's impact.

If I were you I'd try and cheer up and act as you did before this mess happened, don't bring up the same issues you have with your friends, just be yourself and don't let negative things get to you.

ReputationRep:
    treat them to a night out for some drinks or something they'd enjoy and tell them/explain what you've explained to us

ReputationRep:
    I agree with some of whats been said. Why don't you get together for a few drinks and have a laugh and try and put some of the more heavy issues out of the way for the night.
    It will remind this guy why hes friends with you and should help get things going again!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.