The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't eat the yellow snow.

If its too good to be true then it probably is.

Just walk away ie angey/sad/fight

do something that makes you happy.
Reply 2
My dad told me not to p!ss into the wind. great advice :yes:

Also to make the most of everything.
Reply 3
my mum always says: If you ask, you might be a fool for five minutes. if you don't ask, you'll be a fool forever.

I love this advice. :smile: ..It prevents me from feeling stupid at the stupidest of times.
Reply 4
'tuck yourself in'
'stand up straight'
You are a first rate you and not a second rate someone-else
To be honest, 'Sleep with people you really love' :s-smilie: :h:
Reply 7
Post a video of your results on TSR. :ninja:
'Dont worry' :smile: only was said earlier.
My mother warned me when I was younger (like 17) if I kept on drinking I'd end up doing something really ******* stupid. I blew her off "Gosh mum... I'm not that stupid..."

And eventually ended up doing exactly what she warned me against. *Sigh*
Preeka
If you ask, you might be a fool for five minutes. if you don't ask, you'll be a fool forever.

That's sooo true! :yes:

Right now I can't think of any particular piece of advice that my parents gave me, but they are always teaching me things...
Reply 11
'Learning languages is good'.

Actually, I don't know if they ever said that. But my father failtaught me French for a couple of weeks when I was about 6. So possibly. :ninja:
"Just be yourself"

It's seemed to work fine for me so far.. :biggrin:
1. spend a penny save a penny (and now i'm rich wOoOoO)

2. (when i was 10ish) 'ALWAYS wear a bra or you will have to kick your boobs out the way when your older'

3. 'always smile when you're walking or your face muscles will change and leave you with a face like droopy when you're older' (now i constantly smile)

4. when i was 5 : "NEVER sit on the toilet seat, if you have to sit on it, line it with A LOT of tissue" (2 years later i got into a lot of trouble at school for mass tissue wastage)
Reply 14
1. If someone hits you son, hit him back twice as hard, twice as fast and twice as many times. Thank you dad :rolleyes:

2. 'Don't do anything i wouldn't do.' Excuse to do what i want :biggrin:

3. (This one is actually good) 'Do what makes you happy in your life, don't let anyone get between you and your ambition'
Reply 15
Bubbles*de*Milo
My mother warned me when I was younger (like 17) if I kept on drinking I'd end up doing something really ******* stupid. I blew her off "Gosh mum... I'm not that stupid..."

And eventually ended up doing exactly what she warned me against. *Sigh*

What did you do? :teeth:
a_t
What did you do? :teeth:

You know how you said I give away far too much info on the internets, and should probably shut up?

This is me shutting up.
*MJ*

SHUT UP!
Reply 18
Casserole At The Keyboard
SHUT UP!

Expeliarmus! :shoot:
*MJ*

I'm looking foward to it! :yep:

Latest