Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the best advice you've recieved from your parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

And although this wasn't from my parents:

"Do what scares you. The scariest things in life are always the most worthwhile."

ReputationRep:
    Marry a man with your standards or higher
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    "A fool and his money are easily parted."

My Dad loves to lecture me on the value of money/working hard for money.

ReputationRep:
    "If you ever get attacked in the street by a gang of people, make sure you send at least one of them away with a broken bone so they can't think they completely got away with it".

ReputationRep:
    this just reminds me of little miss sunshine....
    "Listen to me, I got no reason to lie to you, don't make the same mistakes I made when I was young. **** a lotta women kid, not just one woman, a lotta women."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mask Duval)
    "If you ever get attacked in the street by a gang of people, make sure you send at least one of them away with a broken bone so they can't think they completely got away with it".
    haha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Um, well I withdrew from my university in May and it was quite a weird time... but they just reassured me everything would be okay...eventually, and that the kind of limbo I am in isn't forever a.k.a START REAPPLYING! But I think that's because they were secretly happy I left the university I was at (it was an odd place) and had wanted me to read law all along so...

ReputationRep:
    My mum always says 'it'll be fine, we'll figure it out' to any problem - and she does.
    She's taught me to keep going if I get lost, because I WILL find my way in the end.

My Dad's pretty useless when it comes to advice/basic parenting, but my mum's got one heck of a wise ol' head on those shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes; he who doesn't ask, remains a fool forever.

Its not the mistakes you make that count; it's how you make up for them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.