Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was going to go on Saturday (20th Sept.) but i then realised i'd miss the friday night event...which would be terror scenes so i think it's gonna be friday now (19th Sept), parents better not embarass me when taking stuff upto my room i tells ya! lol
    :yes: :yes: :yes:

What's everyone else's plans?

ReputationRep:
    Haha thats what parents are for. I am going up the 15th as thats the only day my dad can get off to take me. Guess im gonna be an early bird!

ReputationRep:
    Haha i'm going to be even earlier, moving up on the 11th, want to get settled in and start my part time job there too!! So excited .

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is early lol! Was gonna go on the 12th but I only get back off hol on the 10th and everyone said it was too early anyway. Already got a job there, wow thats quick. Very jealous! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaela Newell)
    Wow that is early lol! Was gonna go on the 12th but I only get back off hol on the 10th and everyone said it was too early anyway. Already got a job there, wow thats quick. Very jealous! x
    I'm so excited i want to get down there and explore the area as soon as possible, i'd prefer to be the first housemate there too :p: . Haha well i didn't look for ages in Bristol for the job or anything, i'm just transfering. Are you hoping to get a job when you're there too? x

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking Thursday 18th...

ReputationRep:
    18th i'm thinking :]

ReputationRep:
    Friday 18th, early, but not too early

Edit: Oops

ReputationRep:
    im not moving in untill sat the 19th, will i miss out on a lot on the friday do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna move in my heavy stuff on the 12th then finally move in on Saturday the 19th with a few things. Only a few weeks left, I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    im moving in on the 19th
    anyone in student village?

ReputationRep:
    19th, also worried im gonna miss loads on the friday night :/ and the saturday night if i cant get the parents to leave!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno when I'm moving in, but it can be whenever I like. When would people recommend?
    I also have no idea what accomodation I'm in yet or anything so I really don't know what to expect haha! By the way, feel free anyone to add me on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/joeymanic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sky_Dream)
    i'd prefer to be the first housemate there too :p: . Haha well i didn't look for ages in Bristol for the job or anything, i'm just transfering. Are you hoping to get a job when you're there too? x
    I kind of want to be one of the first. I have a lot of unpacking to do and then get first dibs on the kitchen cuboards etc. I know im sad like that but I need the bottom ones Im short lol!

And yes I kind of need to unlike most people that go to UWE I don't have rich parents to pay for everything for me. It's a shame that my job down here isn't transferable but I have plenty of experience been working for years so I'm sure I'll be fine.

You close to Bristol then or far away if your so keen to explore? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaela Newell)
    I kind of want to be one of the first. I have a lot of unpacking to do and then get first dibs on the kitchen cuboards etc. I know im sad like that but I need the bottom ones Im short lol!

And yes I kind of need to unlike most people that go to UWE I don't have rich parents to pay for everything for me. It's a shame that my job down here isn't transferable but I have plenty of experience been working for years so I'm sure I'll be fine.

You close to Bristol then or far away if your so keen to explore? X
    Exactly, and i would feel kind of weird moving in and noticing that all my other flatmates kind of know each other, and are wondering what i'm doing there :P. Also then we can pick the good cuboards haha.

Well i'm sure you'll find a job, i'm sure that Bristol has loads of jobs going hopefully!

Yeah i'm coming to Bristol from Cambridge, how about yourself? x

ReputationRep:
    I don't think people will be missing too much on the Friday night tbh as I doubt the majority of ppl will be moving in til the 19th, i'm moving in earlier as I only live 20-30 mins from UWE atm

ReputationRep:
    I'm going up on Thursday 17th. Wanna get myself all settled, plus wanna be there for the t-shirt thing on the Friday. Although my flat still only has three people so far, including me, so I dunno if the other three will be up. However the two I am speaking to are moving up before I am!

ReputationRep:
    Dang!, I feel like I'm missing out!! I live in Bristol already so campus wasn't really an option due to contract etc... I should really try to come up for the T-shirt thingy to do some networking.

Counting on you peeps to organise the house parties!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blakey101)
    I was going to go on Saturday (20th Sept.) but i then realised i'd miss the friday night event...which would be terror scenes so i think it's gonna be friday now (19th Sept), parents better not embarass me when taking stuff upto my room i tells ya! lol
    :yes: :yes: :yes:

What's everyone else's plans?
    Lol, thats when im going up.

Then i can laugh at everyones parents turning up and being all cooty coo...

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Only Mr kiwi didn't laugh at mine.. told them to F*** off instead... :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2009

University open days

1. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of the West of England
    Frenchay Campus, City Campus, Glenside Campus, Gloucester Campus and Bristol Zoo Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  3. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.