Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got the departmental letter with basic term dates and induction times and things, and the attached form that you need to send back with passport pictures etc. Bit stuck on the bit where it asks you for your term time address, though, since the form needs to be sent back by the 26th - am I supposed to anticipate getting (hopefully) confirmation of my place in halls in time for me to put that in (and, indeed, will I -get- a specific address at that point, or are they assigned on arrival?), or should I just write 'unknown' or something and hope for the best?

Sigh. These things are never straightforward, are they. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have to do the same... but I'm moving out at the end of August to a new flat.... can I just write unknown or something? My permanent address is in Italy so its a pain for me to get it...

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just put 'to be confirmed'?

ReputationRep:
    I have none of these letters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBarnes)
    I have none of these letters!
    Neither do I, but I'm a conditional...

ReputationRep:
    Have the same problem about "term time address"! And hm, does anybody know what exactly mean "Branch sort code"?

ReputationRep:
    Your branch sort code should be on your debit card. Bottom left, below your name. _ _ - _ _ - _ _. It's the ID of the branch of bank that you opened your account in.

One of the goldsmiths groups I've joined on facebook has a member who's found out that in she's batavia mews already. hopefully this is the start of the halls allocations?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help! ) Couln't find that code on my card, I guess should open a bank account in a local UK bank lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiddae)
    Your branch sort code should be on your debit card. Bottom left, below your name. _ _ - _ _ - _ _. It's the ID of the branch of bank that you opened your account in.

One of the goldsmiths groups I've joined on facebook has a member who's found out that in she's batavia mews already. hopefully this is the start of the halls allocations?
    I thought they'd have allocated all unconditionals by now Maybe you should give them a call?

ReputationRep:
    ^ I'm unconditional, but still haven't got any further information about halls.

ReputationRep:
    same as ^

ReputationRep:
    ^ditto.

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic, put the same as your home address and when you get halls just go to Student Records and your department(s) and change it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.