Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

help me tsr! desperate girl now uninterested? Watch

alright anon incase anything gets back to anyone

Ok, so ive never been into the whole meeting a girl through facebook stuff, but a few weeks ago some girl added me as a friend. I immediately recognised her from my school as she's caught my eye a few times in the past but I thought nothing of it. So i played things cool and didnt really take any notice when she asked for my email address so we could chat on msn and then my phone number so we could text every night.

Then it sorta hit me that she probably really likes me? After this, things sort of changed as I realised I might be in with a chance of a new girl here and she isnt half bad at all. I guess I started interpriting things she was saying differently and maybe subconciously changed the way I spoke to her on a daily basis, becuase it seems now, (Like a complete U turn) , as IVE become interested in HER, she has lost all desire for ME. She rarely starts conversations with me and I feel like shes bored when were chatting, when before she was on my back 24/7 with really in depth, open conversations about deep issues.

I just want things back how they used to be! How can I get this girl interested in me again like she used to be? I just wish i could go back in time to when she WAS interested and I WASNT and taken my opportunity to get in there.

Conversations just feel really awkward. I feel like im trying to hard with no success, and a few times when we pass in the street you can clearly tell we both dont want to be there and end up having horrible 'automatic' conversations.

But the thing is, Im really into her now, and im afraid shes lost all interest in me and its killing me. Maybe she thinks Im the one not interested so just gave up? Or maybe shes found a more interesting guy and now has decided to not bother with me anymore?

tl;dr : How can I entice a girl who used to be really interested in me to be interested again?

help me out tsr!

ReputationRep:
    You have to keep in mind that it might be too late, and the one thing a girl absolutely hates is constant persistence. You do need to play it cooly.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO!

I love this girl, you learn from you're mistakes......

There's no coming back from this now, alot of attractive women like men who are un-effected by them and tease.. (even though they won't admit it)... Basically now you're being all clingy with her, she is turned off and nothing will turn her on, you could of course - try ignoring her.

Sorry bro, get over her.

ReputationRep:
    She possibly just likes the chase. Play it cool and see what happens, if its for you it won't pass by you!

ReputationRep:
    Rule 29: Don't become interestd, or let on that your interested.

@ queenofwands : I kina hope this is the case
    & @ Yawn11 : I think I may have broken that rule

I dont know, I never openly admited to her that I really liked her, and neither did she to me, I could just tell from the way she spoke to me and from talking to her freinds also.

There was a gap in between her being on me 24/7 and then me realising that id ****** things up by not showing that I cared so decided to talk to her back and stuff. A gap filled with little contact

& finally @ Respect4Acting: I guess ive screwed things up then. Maybe ill ease up a little, but the thing is , when that happens and theres a drop in conversation I feel like its only messing things up further as were not talking at all and that cant be good. I dont really want to make her think im totally uninterested, but since you people tell me thats a good thing, then i really dont know anymore!

ReputationRep:
    thats just how stuff works. as soon as you like a girl things fall apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    tl;dr : How can I entice a girl who used to be really interested in me to be interested again?
    Get another girl(s) imo.
    ez game

@ mr-breaker : Thanks, i might actually try that. I remember seeing her once being really intimate with this other dude, in a a friendly way but still. Maybe she was doing the same to me? Idk, it worked, made me feel pretty **** for the next few hours until i couldnt fight it and urge took over and i spoke to her about it.

ReputationRep:
    I think she may have lost intrest as nothing has really happened for a while. If you have only been talking online then maybe she is just bored? Same old same old does get a bit tiresome and maybe now she knows you are intrested shes given up caring.

See what happens if you cut contact for a few days - it may make her realise that you won't come running after her. And if she doesnt get back in touch then at least you know she probably isnt worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay firstly: It may be because you've suddenly become all needy and desperate which is why she's uninterested. Neediness is unattractive because it makes you look like you have no other options and are thus undesirable to other people. If you are undesirable to other people, 'why would this girl want to date you?'

Secondly: Just because she liked you before doesn't mean she has to keep liking you. Liking is conditional on many different things, you don't even know why she contacted you in the first place, she might just be flirty anyway, and was bored and thought you were a good chat. Even if she did have dating on the mind at the beginning, there is no rule that says that has to always be the way between you two.

Thirdly and finally: Part of the reason you're so desperate to have her back is because you are basically that.... desperate. From this quote "But the thing is, Im really into her now, and im afraid shes lost all interest in me and its killing me." it sounds like part of the reason this bothers you so much is because you've lost her attention and you want it back. Not necessarily because you fancy this girl per se. It's a case of wanting what you can't have...

Good luck with it though.

@ mollymustard : Thanks for that, I might just cut it all out, cause I think about it, I only really started liking her when she stopped all the clingy 24/7 stuff , (which i liked but thought nothing of) . maybe I do need to reverse things a little here. It seems like the right thing to do by halting it all for a bit but its extremely hard to do, whenever I try i just give up becuase I feel she might go off and find someone else or something.

@ Lex Talionis : Thanks for your nice reply, I think you really hit it with 'you've lost her attention and you want it back'
    I dont really like admitting to to myself, but that quote pretty much summs it up.

hmph.

ReputationRep:
    I was afraid I was being a little blunt/harsh with what I've said but I'm glad you've taken it relatively well I'm sorry the diagnosis wasn't more positive for you.

eh, ill try and get over it somehow to prepare myself for her inevitable non communication signaling the end of any hopes i once had. life sucks!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.