The Student Room Group

Whats the next step?

Sooo cut a long story short.. I met this guy. He asked for my number and he text me straight away the next day. We then text all day.

We didnt 'exchange' texts for a while until I text him first and again we text all day. The next time we are texting he says that he is going away for the weekend (to a festival) and that he will text me when he gets back, so that we can 'definitely' do something.

Its now been a week since he got back? Is this too long to be expecting a text? Or nothing to worry about? Haha, I feel like a right looooser! :biggrin:

And to clarify, when we were textin he was always really nice and said complimetary things. I can't stand all this ambiguity and wish there were basic laws to abide by! Lol.
Reply 1
Just "play it by ear"

It seems like he likes you....see what happens!
sundogs
Just "play it by ear"

It seems like he likes you....see what happens!

A week though? Seems to me someone has lost interest and I hate not knowing where I stand.
Should I text him and be like..

"yo mo fo, whats popping in the hood? And whats with the lack of texting on your part?"

But I feel texting him, when he said he was gunna text me, makes me look clingy and needy and deperate and... urgh!!
I was also thinking of texting wiith just

'ahem?'

coz I'm cool like that...
Reply 4
_glandular_fever
"yo mo fo, whats popping in the hood? And whats with the lack of texting on your part?"

If you want to make sure he never texts you again, something like that would work a treat... :cool:
Teofilo
If you want to make sure he never texts you again, something like that would work a treat... :cool:

:biggrin:
Yes, this was a joke. I would never text someone in this manner.
I put this as I wouldnt know what to text... haha.
Reply 6
Oh **** sorry!

*Quickly texts OP*

Spoiler

Reply 7
ShortRef
He never went to the festival did he...

:rofl:
ShortRef
He never went to the festival did he...

:eek:

Or he didnt come back?
Reply 9
Just assume he's dead, you'll feel better.
Reply 10
MO-M-G

A week without a text and he might as well be dead in this day and age...
MO-M-G

:yes:

But I did think he was nice...
(I hate the word nice)
Reply 12
_glandular_fever
:yes:

But I did think he was nice...
(I hate the word nice)

Text/internet isnt the best basis for a relationship, although it is the easiest.
The written word can be analysed in so many different ways without ever knowing what the author actually meant.
Just like you can misinterpret tone and intentions, you can also misinterpret an apparent silence - his phone may have broken?

Plus, most guys are fickle. He may have just been entertaining himself texting you, not in a nasty way, but in a way that everyone likes to flirt.

I wouldnt know how to text him either; you could try something flirty, but if he's not interested you're going to look slightly desperate.
But if he does respond, then its game on again :wink:
Reply 13
dont text first.
and, its been a week now.
i would give up hoping.

Latest

Trending

Trending