Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bioshock or Half Life 2? Watch

• View Poll Results: Bioshock or HL2?
    Bioshock
    21.43%
    Half Life 2
    78.57%

ReputationRep:
    Which do pepole prefer? Personally I think Half life 2 wins hands down, despite being 3 years older

ReputationRep:
    definately halflife 2, both endings to bioshock were so lame.

ReputationRep:
    As decent an FPS Bioshock is, it will nevar beat Half-Life 2.

ReputationRep:
    hl2

ReputationRep:
    Is Half-Life 2 actually good? I thought it would just be very basic gameplay like the old ones?

ReputationRep:
    It's very, very good. The gameplay is a little basic compared to some shooters but it is all the better for it. The story is brilliant (by game standards) and the voice acting is brilliant. Plus it has one of the only decent female characters ever to be in a video game.

ReputationRep:
    Bioshock because I am stuck on hl2

ReputationRep:
    I think they're both great, I prefer HL2 though. That bein said, I found the atmosphere of bioshock more appealing.

ReputationRep:
    Half-Life 2.

(though for newcomers it wont be as appealing as it was back in it's hay day, when the engine was totally awesome)

Where the hell is my Episode 3, I want it now!

ReputationRep:
    Bioshock for me, I don't like the guns in half life 2, and the story SUCKS, just ends on 'cliffhangers' (God of War 2 had an awesome cliffhanger finish, but Half life 2, resistance 2 etc have very disappointing endings.)

The ending of bioshock seemed very comic booky to me, but I liked the game in general.

ReputationRep:
    Half Life 2, eventually in Bioshock the suspense kind of goes because of the vita chambers.:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Bioshock for me, I don't like the guns in half life 2, and the story SUCKS, just ends on 'cliffhangers' (God of War 2 had an awesome cliffhanger finish, but Half life 2, resistance 2 etc have very disappointing endings.)

The ending of bioshock seemed very comic booky to me, but I liked the game in general.
    Why don't you just get the extra two chapters made for Half Life 2?
    Bioschock has a better storyline, imo. Half Life 2 is just a better game overall though.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really been able to get into half-life 2, but I loved Bioshock.

ReputationRep:
    Totally HL2. It's imo the best ever fps.

(Original post by Iain 815)
    Where the hell is my Episode 3, I want it now!
    I know i'm addicted to the storyline

ReputationRep:
    Well both are excellent games, but I prefer bioshock

ReputationRep:
    bioshock is like playing an artwork, very fun to look at, but at the end of the day, you know you have been staring at nothing but just a pretty picture,
    both games are different, while Bioshock gets inspiration on the novel atlas shrugged by ayn rand, concerning, 1 man, frightened on an unknown enviroment , and concerns himself, only, and the little sisters, splicer dont count, because they are crazy, in bioshock, you are an outsider, in half life 2 however, you are fighting zuper mutant aliens that enslaved humanity, and you are very well known to allies and foes alike, and unlike bioshock, half life 2 is where you must be familiar with the enviroment and using it into your advantage, and instead of an outsider, you are a "vip" , your the one who cause the lack mesa incident that released teh alienz into t3h w0rld

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.