Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep anon or delete:

Does anyone else get really OCD as we get closer to results, like I have to do certain things otherwise my reults will be bad. Obviously its completely illogical but it really bothers me and is making life unbearable.

I sometimes get that but not about results. You feel although you have to do it otherwise something negative will happen.

You just have to ignore it and do something that doesn't leave you thinking to much to yourself

Yusss and its driving me crazy, it feels like im going insane ! will be so glad when results day is over

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to buy anything new, exercise, make plans past the 20th etc. because I think that I could be tempting fate as they can all be seen as things to prepare for uni.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem, like when i do weights I have to do 1 more rep or one more press/push up no matter how tired I am. A few days ago I did a whole extra lap of running, because of this - I hate it.

I'm the same. I'm trying my best to abstain from masturbation since I keep thinking I'll drop a mark every time I do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm the same. I'm trying my best to abstain from masturbation since I keep thinking I'll drop a mark every time I do it.

...Oh great now I'm gonna have to start doing that. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Woah. :lolwut:
    I'm nervous but no...at the end of the day you can't change your results now, until you retake them if you choose to, so just live your life exactly how you want to!! There's nothing you can do about the results, so you might as well just try and relax and enjoy the next week or so. And things like exercising are good for you anyway, you should do them regardless of whether you're going to uni or not!
    Masturbation won't change your results, either...

ReputationRep:
    If you think of it this way, all your exams will have been marked by now, so you already have grades written in stone right now. There is nothing that you can do to change that, whatever your OCD's are. Heck, there is probably not much you could have done after you left that exam, so just enjoy your holiday and try not to worry about the results.

ReputationRep:
    Not about results, but i do have annoying little habits, like counting to a certain number in my head. Also, i have this thing where i imagine i'm typing a word on a mobile phone, like texting and i have to count every click that makes up the word, for example the word 'how' is six clicks on the keypad, if it isn't an even number i get a bit paranoid and have to do it again.

Yes, i'm odd, but so is everyone. At least that is what the voice in my head tells me.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I had that on results day last year!!!

"I have to finish this game of solitaire or else I've failed"
    "I have to wash up that cup or else I've failed"

etc chill, only a few days left!

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking about people with OCDs reacting to the upcoming results day? Or are we talking about people without OCDs suddenly developing them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Are we talking about people with OCDs reacting to the upcoming results day? Or are we talking about people without OCDs suddenly developing them?
    What a question! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    What a question! :woo:
    I'm seriously worried if all other posters do not exhibit symptoms of OCD other than around this time...

ReputationRep:
    My OCD has slowly been getting worse over the last couple of weeks. Over the last few years it's dramatically improved, and I've lost the need to do most of my rituals, but I've found myself doing them again recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    I'm seriously worried if all other posters do not exhibit symptoms of OCD other than around this time...
    S'ok, I'm a neurotic moron all the time.

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the Anonymous people?

Yeah, I get nervous too, it's no big deal. If I'm walking home I tell myself that I can't step on the pavement cracks or I will fail, if I have a coin in my hand then I'll flip it an think "if it's tails then I will fail ...", it's stupid way of trying to determine your chance of success, but I've always done it - especially around exams. It's nothing particularly to be ashamed of, it's just a superstitious way of trying to guarantee yourself success. Obviously it doesn't work though ...

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually noticed any rise in my OCDs owing to results day, though I agree with those saying they are stopping themselves from preparing for uni incase they don't get there. Similarly, I didn't ever take my textbooks back to school after the exams, as I worry I'm only going to need them next year... the teachers probably weren't best happy about that but I'll gladly take them back when term starts again in September with my results in hand!

ReputationRep:
    yep, everyone panics... if you don't then i'd be worried

ReputationRep:
    I was more nervous straight after my exams about results unlike now, where i keep forgetting about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.