Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to university and not coming back home Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, it depends how poor I am (most probably very) at the end of it all, and whether I remember how much I hate living here right now. Also what opportunities there are for me, whether I have a job, loads of things that I won't know until then

ReputationRep:
    I plan to spend as little time as possible living at home, if that counts? I'll probably only come back for a week or so at Christmas and Easter, and hopefully the same during the summer. So maybe four weeks a year, if that.

I love my family, but I get on with them much better when I don't live in the same house as them for extended periods of time. And it's pretty boring being at home, because there's nothing to do around here except work full time. My friends at home are really crap, so I'd much rather be doing something else. Even being alone in London all holidays beats being at home alone.

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm not going to run off start a new life, get a new name ect.

I hope to never LIVE at home again.

I'm hoping to get a 42 week contract on my accommodation. i'll go home for a week or two at christmas, and for a few weeks in summer but after that not really.

Wouldn't you miss home?

Not really, i've spent weeks at home on my own, being apart from my mum has never bothered me, as long as i have dollar to feed myself i'm fine.

Even if other people go home in holidays, my uni will(hopefully) be 7 hrs away on train.

I can barely stand a 1hr train ride so i wouldn't hop on the train home for anything less than 2 weeks.

And i know i wouldn't study for exams at home.

Why do OP want to cut off your ties to your family, i wish i got to see my Whole family more!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.