Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am preparing for multiple choices in November, Im going into year 11 in Sept.
    How can I get 40/40 in the multiple choice? Any tips on how to revise?

ReputationRep:
    Just get hold of every single past paper you can find off of the edexcel website (google it). Do them, later on in timed conditions too, as the time is quite short. Mark them all too.

Questions are basically exactly the same. So you'll know what to expect.

Also if you haven't already, I'd recomend getting a revision guide, I had a CGP one. It lists all the topics you need to learn for each exam, and shows you the techniques for each.

Like there is actually a couple of formulas you need to know for unit 2 I remember (multiple choice + calculator) about density/mass/volume and the nth term, you just need to learn.

PM/quote me if you have any more questions goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    I use the Lonsdale (Now Lett's and Lonsdale) ones. Because I'm doing individual sciences we now have one for each. They're sectioned off into each module (B1, C1, P1 etc.) and I find them quite useful. However teachers frequently tell us how they're not good enough to give you an A* and lack quite a lot of the higher material.

I beg to differ as when I was retaking B1b the revision guide was my only resource (when originally taking the exam I relied entirely on the teacher and as a result got a C) and I managed to get 40/40, so I guess it's what helps you learn best.

[You may be able to take home the 360 Science textbooks if you ask, however it's not exactly light reading.]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I use the Lonsdale (Now Lett's and Lonsdale) ones. Because I'm doing individual sciences we now have one for each. They're sectioned off into each module (B1, C1, P1 etc.) and I find them quite useful. However teachers frequently tell us how they're not good enough to give you an A* and lack quite a lot of the higher material.

I beg to differ as when I was retaking B1b the revision guide was my only resource (when originally taking the exam I relied entirely on the teacher and as a result got a C) and I managed to get 40/40, so I guess it's what helps you learn best.

[You may be able to take home the 360 Science textbooks if you ask, however it's not exactly light reading.]
    Some of it is. Remember to ignore all pages about 'ethical issues'. There tends to be five or six in each book. Physics takes the least work IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Lonsdale revision guides are very good, they're all I used for revision and I did quite well, they're clear and imo, much nicer to revise from because there are diagrams and pictures explaining everything....Do loads of practice papers and I found it quite helful to sit with my friends and test each other on the multiple choice questions at the end of each topic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Some of it is. Remember to ignore all pages about 'ethical issues'. There tends to be five or six in each book. Physics takes the least work IMO.
    We concentrated a lot on ethical issues went it came to B2 for our structured exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theseeker)
    I am preparing for multiple choices in November, Im going into year 11 in Sept.
    How can I get 40/40 in the multiple choice? Any tips on how to revise?
    Haha we are talking about maths are we? :rolleyes: or science. Now I'm confused :confused: !

ReputationRep:
    @Edwin Olki

There is nothing to it though lol

ReputationRep:
    Science.

ReputationRep:
    By combining the use of past papers and the Lonsdale revision book will help.

Remember, you don't have to have all the answers correct to get 40/40.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.