Turn on thread page Beta

Oxford or Cambridge - which one would you choose given the choice? watch

• View Poll Results: Oxford or Cambridge?
    Oxford
    44.56%
    Cambridge
    55.44%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waheyyyy)
    Oxford, because they always win the boat race.
    That's why Cambridge has won it more times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonkiller)
    That's why Cambridge has won it more times.
    :clap2: Well done for taking a comment that was quite obviously a joke seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge chose it because of NatSci course..and because I just seemed to be more drawn towards it for some reason

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge because it seems to have a kind of magic that Oxford doesn't

Oxford

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge. I've visited both Oxford and Cambridge and definitely prefer Cambridge. I like the fact that it's so small, I prefer their English course over that of Oxford and in Cambridge I found a college I would love to attend. It's difficult to explain, but when I first visited Cambridge I just 'fell in love' and knew that's where I wanted to be - a feeling I didn't have when I went to see Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, I like the name better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Oxford as they offer a very good course in Chemistry, rather than a slightly vague Natural Sciences course. Also, Oxford is an hour or so away from London, whereas Cambridge is in the middle of nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    Used to prefer Oxford, but after visiting them both, I'm going to say Cambridge.

It's such a nice place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waheyyyy)
    :clap2: Well done for taking a comment that was quite obviously a joke seriously.
    Oh, it was so funny.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford, the PPE course looks amazing.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Oxford

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    oxford law for the win!!!

not that im biased or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    Poll says no.
    Learn to read. Anyway, I suggested it has perceived cultural superiority. For example, in Eastenders, both Libby and Tamwar opt to go to Oxford rather than Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    More famous entertainers go to Cambridge though. Maybe it's the Footlights Society, the proximity to London or maybe sensitive arty types prefer the quieter, more rural, feeling of Cambridge whereas boisterous politicians like the dark alleyways of Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    I'd for got Cambridge because they're both pretty similar but Cambridge is slightly better. But then again Oxford does do PPE...then again I hate maths/am rubbish at it (and I believe economics has a bit of maths in it???)

(Original post by evantej)
    Learn to read. Anyway, I suggested it has perceived cultural superiority. For example, in Eastenders, both Libby and Tamwar opt to go to Oxford rather than Cambridge.
    :rofl:

Like that's representative of "perceived cultural superiority"!

ReputationRep:
    Lol and I thought we have had too many LSE Econ v Cambs Econ threads - now we have this.

I would pick Cambridge; the Oxford courses (EM) lack a lot of maths when compared to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmh... I think it's 55 to 45 for Cambridge.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.