The Student Room Group

Who's being the unreasonable one here?

Asked out a girl I've been seeing for a while tonight. Most of the evening she'd been ignoring me at a party for a (female) mutual friend, leaving me on my own, so I was already quite annoyed. I got round to asking her out, and about ten minutes later, after complimenting her, she said something along the lines of "no you're not a sexy bum, Enrique Iglesias is sexier". She said the same thing after walking her home, and now we're arguing about it by text.

I'm not saying she shouldn't fancy him. It's just not something you say to your boyfriend, especially after ten minutes of going out.

Am I being a dick, or am I being reasonable?
Reply 1
And is it even worth it if we're arguing on the first night?
Reply 2
so what did she actually say yes to you? You never made that clear...

if she did it seems kind of odd but...if it's a part is she/you a bit drunk? Maybe it was just drunk talk...which means it is true but they don't mean it seriously..if that makes sense.
Reply 3
I wouldn't bother argueing about that... Its not the best way to start a relationship. I take it she was pissed cos it seems pretty random to say that.
Reply 4
Know your enemy.

Spoiler

"No you're not a sexy bum"? :lolwut: Was she lacking some of her rational faculties possibly?
So what. I've been told I'm not sexy , and that Zac zeffron or that white celevrity dude ( Sorry I don't know im 0
is sexier than me.. Don't take offense. And she sound like she's playin you :s-smilie:. Just don't argue with her ,talk
Reply 7
You are a sexy bum dont worry.
Perhaps she was attempting (and failing) to make some friendly/teasing banter. Sounds awful but its probable that she didnt mean to cause offense.
Surely she was drunk? That's such an odd thing to say. I am truly baffled. I kind of want to answer you but i can't without going into detail and tbh i'm tired and your gf sounds crazy either way.

Latest

Trending

Trending