Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Ok, who have UAF 'gone after' for speaking out against immigration or multiculturalism? Please don't say the BNP because when they speak out against these things they are simply using them as a cover for their neo-Nazi agenda.
    In one of their articles that was posted, they attacked David Cameron for saying something or other against multiculturism. I think we can all agree that the centrist David Cameron doesn't have a "neo-nazi" agenda.

(Original post by Alasdair)
    Oh no. They're telling racists and xenophobes where to stick it as well? Gosh, I'm not going to have anything to do with THEM any more!
    Because anyone who opposes immigration must be a racist, yes? :rolleyes:

Those environmentalists must be racist, then!

Can any marxists debate?
    Yes.

(Original post by Don_Scott)
    Yes.
    So how is this a relevant statement: "I don't know how to debate! This is coming from a Marxist!"?

Because anyone who opposes immigration must be a racist, yes? :rolleyes:

Those environmentalists must be racist, then!
    Do the UAF attack these environmentalists (not that there are many, but still...)?

In one of their articles that was posted, they attacked David Cameron for saying something or other against multiculturism. I think we can all agree that the centrist David Cameron doesn't have a "neo-nazi" agenda.
    Shouldn't you be quoting Cameron and what the UAF said in reply? Otherwise you're not making an argument, are you? You did want to be taken seriously didn't you?

ReputationRep:
    So how is this a relevant statement: "I don't know how to debate! This is coming from a Marxist!"
    Because it's hilarious to be told that I don't know how to debate from a Marxist who in many threads has shown that he has understanding of many concepts such as libertarianism.

Because it's hilarious to be told that I don't know how to debate from a Marxist who in many threads has shown that he has understanding of many concepts such as libertarianism.
    But if his being a Marxist has no bearing on his ability to debate, why bring it up? In fact, why do you use 'Marxist' like a random swearword in your posts anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Do the UAF attack these environmentalists (not that there are many, but still...)?
    No but you did by branding anyone opposed to immigration as a "racist".

(Original post by Oswy)
    Shouldn't you be quoting Cameron and what the UAF said in reply? Otherwise you're not making an argument, are you? You did want to be taken seriously didn't you?
    It's in this thread at the start of page six of something.

I can't be bothered looking for it.

But that is beside the point. Alasdair has demonstrated what I was talking about. That often these "racists" who left wing groups like the UAF attack, are often not even close to racist but just not 100% politically correct.

ReputationRep:
    But if his being a Marxist has no bearing on his ability to debate, why bring it up? In fact, why do you use 'Marxist' like a random swearword in your posts anyway?
    I wasn't using it as a swearword, I was calling an egg and egg, so to speak.

I can't be bothered looking for it.

OK, I'm out for now.

No but you did by branding anyone opposed to immigration as a "racist".
    The majority of anti-immigrationists are anti-immigration for racist or xenophobic reasons. I don't see any reason to doubt that...

But that is beside the point. Alasdair has demonstrated what I was talking about. That often these "racists" who left wing groups like the UAF attack, are often not even close to racist but just not 100% politically correct.
    Generally, being against political correctness is either a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to be politically correct, or a desire to cover up a latent racism/sexism/homophobia.

I wasn't using it as a swearword, I was calling an egg and egg, so to speak.
    Why mention it at all? Why say things like "Explain, Marxist!"?? I mean, it's not like I say "Explain, Tory!". It just makes you look even more ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of anti-immigrationists are anti-immigration for racist or xenophobic reasons. I don't see any reason to doubt that...
    Well, I do. For example, I'm opposed to (mass) immigration but as a Christian I am completely against racism.

Generally, being against political correctness is either a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to be politically correct, or a desire to cover up a latent racism/sexism/homophobia.
    Nonsense.

I refuse to be "politically correct" because politicall correctness is essentially the politics of guilt and is aa attack on western civilisation.

You do know where politically correctness comes from, yes? The Frankfurt School.

[QUOTE=Don_Scott]Well, I do. For example, I'm opposed to (mass) immigration but as a Christian I am completely against racism.[quote]

Right. So your a xenophobe.

I refuse to be "politically correct" because politicall correctness is essentially the politics of guilt and is aa attack on western civilisation.
    :rofl: An attack on western civilisation? Right, okay.

ReputationRep:
    Right. So your a xenophobe.
    No.

:rofl: An attack on western civilisation? Right, okay.
    Yes?

It is now politically incorrect to stand up for Western history or for Christianity in many cases.

See how the multiculturalists have a consistent double standard. The West must be politically correct and multiculturalist but the non-West must not and to suggest that they should logically have to as well is in fact, politically incorrect.

It is now politically incorrect to stand up for Western history or for Christianity in many cases.
    What do you mean by "stand up for"?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by "stand up for"?
    I mean defend it from it's critics, defend Christian morality or defend a Christian church

I mean defend it from it's critics, defend Christian morality or defend a Christian church
    What sort of action you'd class as defending a set of Christian values are routinely decried as being non-PC?

ReputationRep:
    What sort of action you'd class as defending a set of Christian values are routinely decried as being non-PC?
    Attacking abortion, euthanasia, drug abuse and standing up for Christian marriage.

Attacking abortion, euthanasia, drug abuse and standing up for Christian marriage.
    Right. "Attacking". Not defending. I rest my case...

ReputationRep:
    Right. "Attacking". Not defending. I rest my case...
    What? Okay, I'll turn it around.

Defending the right to life and defending Christian marriage.

There you go, two things declared un-PC.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.