Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Red Ken's their chairman. It's quite obvious.
    The UAF isn't just a spare-time thing for Labour.

Quite a few of the Labour signatories are high profile, or more disturbingly have positions in government:

As you mention, Ken Livingstone, former Mayor of London.

Peter Hain, former Secretary of State for Northern Ireland and current SoS for Wales.

Tony Benn, who we all recognise.

Keith Vaz, Chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee and former Minister of State for Europe.

Diane Abbott, Labour MP and co-hosts This Week.

Vera Baird, Solicitor General for England and Wales (advises Cabinet).

Louise Ellman, Chair of the Commons Transport Select Committee.

Oh and let's not forget the leader of Her Majesty's loyal opposition...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    What Labour is doing isn't fascism, it is a natural consequence of the welfare state.
    It's a natural consequence of the social democratic welfare state.

The 'hand-up not hand-out' or workfare mantra or would encourage people to work and think for themselves, which are an anathema to fascists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grim_the_Reaper)
    It's a natural consequence of the social democratic welfare state.

The 'hand-up not hand-out' or workfare mantra or would encourage people to work and think for themselves, which are an anathema to fascists.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Lol.

But I'd delete that post if I were you. I got a load of stick for using that because it came from the BNP website (even though I forgot I got it there in the first place, and first came across it in a blog). A lot of hysterical loonies here.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm looking at you 'Democracy'
    You didn't forget genius, you lied about it, then you feigned ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    You didn't forget genius, you lied about it, then you feigned ignorance.
    This is boring. There's absolutely no point in claiming anything when people like you do nothing but tell everyone what is and isn't so, as though you're the relayer of all universal truth and knowledge. I'm fairly sure you can read my mind, and that you own a mysterious crystal ball that unveils every single event that ever occurred. And hey, we all lack this knowledge. :eek: Tell, me. Did Sesostris really exist? Was Homer a real person? Did Lee Harvey Oswald really kill JFK? Please reveal these indefinite truths, oh democratic one. :adore:

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This is boring. There's absolutely no point in claiming anything when arrogant people like you do nothing but tell everyone what is and isn't so, as though you're the relayer of all universal truth and knowledge. I'm fairly sure you can read my mind, and that you own a mysterious crystal ball that unveils every single event that ever occurred. And hey, we all lack this knowledge. Tell, me. Did Sosostris really exist? Was Homer a real person? Did Lee Harvey Oswald really kill JFK? Please reveal these universal truths, oh democratic one.

NB, are you starting again?

The facts are plain for all who seek to see them. If you bring my name up in an argument, expect me to respond.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=116

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=126

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=118

All examples of your

ReputationRep:
    NB, are you starting again?

The facts are plain for all who seek to see them. If you bring my name up in an argument, expect me to respond.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=116

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=126

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=118

All examples of your

They weren't lies, they were uncertainty. I don't see why it matters to you so much anyway. Anyone remembering something so petty after a month or whatever it is clearly has little else on their mind.

Oh, and you didn't answer my questions. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    They weren't lies, they were uncertainty. I don't see why it matters to you so much anyway. Anyone remembering something so petty after a month or whatever it is clearly has little else on their mind.

Oh, and you didn't answer my questions.
    There is no uncertainty. It is impossible to pass off a direct link from the BNP website as a link from a blog, as I proved to you.

It doesn't "matter" to me, but when you call me a "hysterical loony", I will defend myself and show that actually you've being lying (again).

ReputationRep:
    There is no uncertainty. It is impossible to pass off a direct link from the BNP website as a link from a blog, as I proved to you.

It doesn't "matter" to me, but when you call me a "hysterical loony", I will defend myself and show that actually you've being lying (again).
    Read it again, I didn't say it came from a blog. I said I first came across it on a blog, looked for it in Google images, and conjectured (see the "if I recall"?) that it came directly from there - nevertheless, it didn't, and when you pointed this out I saw that. Nonetheless, I don't really understand why it's your job to point out any defects you suppose I might have. Oh well.

Actually, I take back the "hysterical loony" thing, because I don't actually think you're as fitting of this label as some. You're not so bad. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Read it again, I didn't say it came from a blog. I said I first came across it on a blog, looked for it in Google images, and conjectured (see the "I think"?) that it came directly from there - nevertheless, it didn't, and when you pointed this out I saw that. Nonetheless, I don't really understand why it's your job to point out any defects you suppose I might have. Oh well.

Actually, I take back the "hysterical loony" thing, because I don't actually think you're as fitting of this label as some. You're not so bad.
    Well you're denying it comes from the blog...and from the BNP website...so it comes from, er, um...?

It's not my "job" to do anything apart from defend myself against baseless accusations But if you want to drop it, that's fine by me.

ReputationRep:
    Well you're denying it comes from the blog...and from the BNP website...so it comes from, er, um...?

It's not my "job" to do anything apart from defend myself against baseless accusations But if you want to drop it, that's fine by me.
    I'm not denying it came from the BNP website, because you pointed out that it did. I wasn't sure at the time because I don't remember websites I come across on Google images. I sort of wanted to drop it ages ago, but that dude posted that image, so I thought I'd have to warn him of such lengthy witchhunts. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not denying it came from the BNP website, because you pointed out that it did. I wasn't sure at the time because I don't remember websites I come across on Google images. I sort of wanted to drop it ages ago, but that dude posted that image and thought I'd have to warn him of such lengthy witchhunts.
    Well at the time you were pretty damn sure it didn't come off the BNP website, then after it was proved using print screens you suddenly became "unsure" That's what this entire thing was about, that you kept denying you'd found it there. But whatever, really.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter?

ReputationRep:
    Well at the time you were pretty damn sure it didn't come off the BNP website, then after it was proved using print screens you suddenly became "unsure"
    I wasn't actually sure. That was a question, because I only ever remembered seeing it on the blog I was looking at. Hence the ":confused:".

:santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::hat:

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter?
    Coz itz a whichhuntt innit???

ReputationRep:
    Coz itz a whichhuntt innit???
    :facepalm2:

There you bloody go again, might I remind you that YOU were the one who started this irrelevant affair by calling me a "hysterical looney"?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

There you bloody go again, might I remind you that YOU were the one who started this irrelevant affair by calling me a "hysterical looney"?
    Yes, you're right, it is irrelevent.

Just to clarify, I thought Don_Scott was referring to why you were so concerned initially. Why it mattered where the image came from.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you're right, it is irrelevent.

Just to clarify, I thought Don_Scott was referring to why you were so concerned initially. Why it mattered where the image came from.
    I was.

ReputationRep:
    I was.
    Well to answer your question, I didn't give a damn about the image, I consider that matter dead and buried as of four weeks ago in the previous thread. What I was annoyed about was NB's labelling of me as a "hysterical loony". I thought I'd set the record straight :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    ANYWAY...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/d...re/8201022.stm

"At least four men were led away in handcuffs after scuffles broke out, and missiles, including bags of flower, eggs and fruit, were thrown at police."

More targeted political violence by the UAF. These violent, anti-democratic Stalinists should be opposed. How about a UAUAF (Unite Against Unite Against Fascism) or a UAS (Unite Against Stalinism)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.