Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    As much as I am critical of some of the Muslims, Islamic fundamentalism is not fascist in any meaning of the term.
    The Oxford Dictionary defines fascism as, "extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice". It's clear that Islam fits this definition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Propaganda isn't violence.
    Planting a bomb in a primary school is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juanmodesto)
    Planting a bomb in a primary school is.
    Nick Griffin planted a bomb in a primary school? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    AGAINST Fascism? What?

ReputationRep:
    Nick Griffin planted a bomb in a primary school? :confused:
    Lambertus Nieuwhof

ReputationRep:
    Lambertus Nieuwhof
    I wasn't talking about him.

As inexcusable as that is, you can't use the tensions of apartheid to claim that anyone's a thug. Nelson Mandela was interned for 27 years, for organising and partaking in terrorist attacks. Are you going to give him the same degree of scrutiny? Furthermore, you haven't cited any sources of these claims.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't talking about him.

As inexcusable as that is, you can't use the tensions of apartheid to claim that anyone's a thug. Nelson Mandela was interned for 27 years, for organising and partaking in terrorist attacks. Are you going to give him the same degree of scrutiny? Furthermore, you haven't cited any sources of these claims.
    Mandela was fighting for the right to VOTE!

What was Nieuhof fighting for? What is he still fighting for?

ReputationRep:
    Mandela was fighting for the right to VOTE!

What was Nieuhof fighting for? What is he still fighting for?
    Ends don't permit violence in any way, shape or form. The simple fact is that during apartheid, people got drawn into their own paramilitary "sects", and were caught up in violent activity. This would've been especially attractive to young radicals. Apartheid was essentially a case of implicit racial warfare. If one side were permitted to terrorise on the grounds of race, then what do you expect the other side to do? Sit back and accept it?

ReputationRep:
    Ends don't permit violence in any way, shape or form. The simple fact is that during apartheid, people got drawn into their own paramilitary "sects", and were caught up in violent activity. This would've been especially attractive to young radicals. Apartheid was essentially a case of implicit racial warfare. If one side were permitted to terrorise on the grounds of race, then what do you expect the other side to do? Sit back and accept it?
    The Freedom Charter of the ANC Adopted at the Congress of the People, Kliptown, on 26 June 1955

"We, the People of South Africa, declare for all our country and the world to know:

that South Africa belongs to all who live in it, black and white, and that no government can justly claim authority unless it is based on the will of all the people;

that our people have been robbed of their birthright to land, liberty and peace by a form of government founded on injustice and inequality;

that our country will never be prosperous or free until all our people live in brotherhood, enjoying equal rights and opportunities;

that only a democratic state, based on the will of all the people, can secure to all their birthright without distinction of colour, race, sex or belief;

And therefore, we, the people of South Africa, black and white together equals, countrymen and brothers adopt this Freedom Charter;"

That is what Mandela was fighting - not a racial war.

Don't project your own snivelling pathetic ideology on others!

ReputationRep:
    The Freedom Charter of the ANC Adopted at the Congress of the People, Kliptown, on 26 June 1955

"We, the People of South Africa, declare for all our country and the world to know:

that South Africa belongs to all who live in it, black and white, and that no government can justly claim authority unless it is based on the will of all the people;

that our people have been robbed of their birthright to land, liberty and peace by a form of government founded on injustice and inequality;

that our country will never be prosperous or free until all our people live in brotherhood, enjoying equal rights and opportunities;

that only a democratic state, based on the will of all the people, can secure to all their birthright without distinction of colour, race, sex or belief;

And therefore, we, the people of South Africa, black and white together equals, countrymen and brothers adopt this Freedom Charter;"

That is what Mandela was fighting - not a racial war.

Don't project your own snivelling pathetic ideology on others!
    It doesn't matter whether or not he was fighting for a racial war - it was an implicit racial war. Do you expect the South African whites who'd lost family members and friends to just accept the carnage the ANC caused? Don't be ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Human Condition)
    The Oxford Dictionary defines fascism as, "extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice". It's clear that Islam fits this definition.
    That is a pretty awful definition.

Fascism is ultra nationalistic which Islamic fundamentalism certainly isn't. It has an economic policy of corporatism.

ReputationRep:
    Nieuwhof is still fighting for the cause that made him try and kill children who commited the crime of attending a non-segregated school.

It is hardly a coincidence that he and Kemp and Fiori are associated with the BNP.

Nazis all - Nazis still. Only a naive cretin would think otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter whether or not he was fighting for a racial war - it was an implicit racial war. Do you expect the South African whites who'd lost family members and friends to just accept the carnage the ANC caused? Don't be ridiculous.
    You mean the defenders of apartheid? No I expect jack **** of them.
    They are scum and so are the BNP. And the BNP on line supporters.
    That is why violence is sometimes necessary to deal with them.

If Nieuwhof can try and kill brown kids in SA he can do it here.

ReputationRep:
    Nieuwhof is still fighting for the cause that made him try and kill children who commited the crime of attending a non-segregated school.

It is hardly a coincidence that he and Kemp and Fiori are associated with the BNP.
    This is a circular argument. You argue the BNP are violent because of the actions of these men, but then you say these men are still fighting for the "same cause" because they're in the BNP. So, effectively, you've said nothing. There's no certainty in the matter, and it works entirely within the realms of your own construct.

Nazis all - Nazis still. Only a naive cretin would think otherwise.
    I don't find calling a legal political organisation 'Nazis' very fair really. In two ways. The first being that no-one should be tarred with such a brush, and also because it's disrespectful to those who suffered under the Nazis. Are you really saying that an organisation that murdered over twelve million "undesirables" and started a world war resulting in the deaths of over fifty million people (some of my forefathers included), is comparable to a party which hasn't been responsible for the death of a single person? How dare you say that the typical BNP voter from Yorkshire & the Humber is on all-fours with these creeps? Take it back, you owe everyone an apology.

ReputationRep:
    You mean the defenders of apartheid? No I expect jack sh1t of them.
    They are scum and so are the BNP. And the BNP on line supporters.
    That is why violence is sometimes necessary to deal with them.

If Nieuwhof can try and kill brown kids in SA he can do it here.
    lolz, I think we have a little case of witch hysteria here. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Are you really saying that an organisation that murdered over twelve million "undesirables" and started a world war resulting in the deaths of over fifty million people (some of my forefathers included), i.
    Of course your Fuhrer says that never happened:
    “I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that 6 million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into lamp shades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the earth is flat … I have reached the conclusion that the ‘extermination’ tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie and latter witch-hysteria.”

Nick Griffin at his trial in 1998 (convicted of incitement to racial hatred).

ReputationRep:
    Of course your Fuhrer says that never happened:
    “I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that 6 million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into lamp shades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the earth is flat … I have reached the conclusion that the ‘extermination’ tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie and latter witch-hysteria.”

"The "extermination" tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie and latter witch hysteria."

Nick Griffin at his trial in 1998 (convicted of incitement to racial hatred).
    I don't support the BNP. LOL...that's that post shot down. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah .... every BNP shill is either:

1/ Not a supporter of the BNP
    2/ Jewish (but also anti-Semitic)
    3/ A Royal Marine Commando
    4/ A Jewish RMC

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah .... ever BNP shill is either:

1/ Not a supporter of the BNP
    2/ Jewish (but also anti-Semitic)
    3/ A Royal Marine Commando
    4/ A Jewish RMC
    Okay :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You support them socially, but not economically. That's an awful mixture.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.