Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of ppl counting down, like it's the most exciting day of their lives. Yes, I'm waiting for my results also on the 20th, and am anxious about the results, but i'm not on the verge of going insane! Enjoy the 10 days or w.e until results day it's the summer holidays, and however corny its sounds it's 10 days of your life. Enjoying the moment kinda thing. So chill out!

ReputationRep:
    It means a lot more to some people than others.

ReputationRep:
    All the threads and talkings made me less nervous so I like that people are obsessing!

This is like the most important results day but I'm not stressing at all, unlike before other ones. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    I did all my nervousness when I was taking the exams, because then I knew my actions could actually affect the results!
    I don't care, because I genuinely have no idea whatsoever how they will have gone, so I'm just going to forget about it for a while and then get in there and face them!!
    Before anyone says that AS results don't matter etc, bear in mind that if I've failed these, I won't be able to do next year, and if I haven't done very well, my grades next year will suffer as a result. AS is 50% of the marks remember!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyropink)
    I'm sick of ppl counting down, like it's the most exciting day of their lives. Yes, I'm waiting for my results also on the 20th, and am anxious about the results, but i'm not on the verge of going insane! Enjoy the 10 days or w.e until results day it's the summer holidays, and however corny its sounds it's 10 days of your life. Enjoying the moment kinda thing. So chill out!
    It is entirely up to them whether or not they want to ignore it or obsess over it, not you. Everyone is entitled to deal with it in their own way.

No-one's forcing you to read the threads if you don't want to. Besides, I think you're the one who should ''chill out'', claiming people are going OTT about something then starting an entire thread about it rather screams hypocrisy, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    talking about it killz time

so it cums faster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    I did all my nervousness when I was taking the exams, because then I knew my actions could actually affect the results!
    I don't care, because I genuinely have no idea whatsoever how they will have gone, so I'm just going to forget about it for a while and then get in there and face them!!
    Before anyone says that AS results don't matter etc, bear in mind that if I've failed these, I won't be able to do next year, and if I haven't done very well, my grades next year will suffer as a result. AS is 50% of the marks remember!
    This is what re-sits are for :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    It is entirely up to them whether or not they want to ignore it or obsess over it, not you. Everyone is entitled to deal with it in their own way.

No-one's forcing you to read the threads if you don't want to. Besides, I think you're the one who should ''chill out'', claiming people are going OTT about something then starting an entire thread about it rather screams hypocrisy, don't you think?
    This.

Although I do wish people would stop starting random threads and just post in the official thread for it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Get results day over already!
    Corrected.
    No need for thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that people need to calm down a bit I guess.

But I was exactly the same, I stressed and stressed for about a week and then my mum was like "Deanna, what is stressing going to do? Your not going to find out any quicker and your going to make yourself sick"

Its true, I was worrying over something I couldn't change anyway so there was really no point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    This is what re-sits are for :yes:
    Our school basically doesn't allow them, from what I've heard. They don't let you continue a subject onto A2 if you failed it at AS, so at best you'd get an AS level out of it.
    Also, universities (or 'good' ones) generally look at your first attempt results, and you get in through your predicted grades which are predicted from your AS results.

ReputationRep:
    Our school basically doesn't allow them, from what I've heard. They don't let you continue a subject onto A2 if you failed it at AS, so at best you'd get an AS level out of it.
    Also, universities (or 'good' ones) generally look at your first attempt results, and you get in through your predicted grades which are predicted from your AS results.
    Your school sounds weird. In my school basically you had to pass to be able to carry on and you could do as many resits as you wanted to. I think AS results are important as they do influence your predicted grades but I dont think you have to declare your AS results unless it's like Cambrisge or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Your school sounds weird. In my school basically you had to pass to be able to carry on and you could do as many resits as you wanted to. I think AS results are important as they do influence your predicted grades but I dont think you have to declare your AS results unless it's like Cambrisge or whatever.
    I don't know, depends on the school though, apparently a comprehensive next to mine said that they have a reputation for 'always declaring achieved grades', so if they have that rep, my grammar school definitely does anyway AS is the first half of A2, so it's just as important as the other half...I'd react the same way anyway though, this year or next, after you've done the exams there's no point freaking out just because results day is coming...the results have already been decided, nothing you can do :yes: My nerves are only allowed to come out on results day, no sooner!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, depends on the school though, apparently a comprehensive next to mine said that they have a reputation for 'always declaring achieved grades', so if they have that rep, my grammar school definitely does anyway AS is the first half of A2, so it's just as important as the other half...I'd react the same way anyway though, this year or next, after you've done the exams there's no point freaking out just because results day is coming...the results have already been decided, nothing you can do :yes: My nerves are only allowed to come out on results day, no sooner!
    At first I was calm and then I had a minor freak out and now I'm back to calm again . Good luck with your results though!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, that's not very good.

That is true, but plenty of people still get into good universities with re-sits. Mind you, I only did one re-sit (and that was after I'd finished my A-levels), so I don't know much about the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    At first I was calm and then I had a minor freak out and now I'm back to calm again . Good luck with your results though!
    You too :woo: stay calm

ReputationRep:
    I've moved this to the Exams and Qualifications forum as it shouldn't be in General Discussion.

ReputationRep:
    no offence
    but year12 and AS 'stress' is NOTHING compared to how us year 13s feel
    if we dont get our grades
    bye bye uni, hello clearing/failure

chill out because at the end of the day all schools want their pupils to do well resits or not

not that I'm actually THAT stressed about results myself but I know people who are and younger people putting themselves in the same boat is always a little irritating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveyouxx)
    no offence
    but year12 and AS 'stress' is NOTHING compared to how us year 13s feel
    if we dont get our grades
    bye bye uni, hello clearing/failure

chill out because at the end of the day all schools want their pupils to do well resits or not

not that I'm actually THAT stressed about results myself but I know people who are and younger people putting themselves in the same boat is always a little irritating
    :facepalm:
    My original post was saying that I'm not stressed, but nor am I going to be next year. I'm not really that much 'younger' than you lol, I'm 18 in a month...
    If I don't get my AS grades I get kicked out of sixth form (yes my school do that) and my parents are going to make me get a job because they're only giving me one shot at it. So fail this year or next, either way I don't go to uni, makes no difference.
    At least you 'big old people' lol have got conditional offers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unarmed)
    talking about it killz time

so it cums faster

Get me fam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.