Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does this normally happen in Freshers week or before?

I was just trying to work out when I'd know the full extent of my timetable so I can work my rota around it!

Any news on when the Freshers events lists are published either?
    As you can see I like to plan ahead!!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your department. Certainly in my experience it's been either during Freshers or you just haven't actually had a choice. Also for my departments there is very little in terms of proper timetabling - you more or less have to look at when your various lectures are and figure it out yourself, rather than getting a pre-made timetable from the department as you do in first year.

Freshers Events lists are normally out fairly soon. The events have definitely all been booked now, by the way I can also reveal that there will be a fancy dress stall in the Union aimed at Freshers week theme events, which everyone should come along to and buy things!!

ReputationRep:
    For English I think it is either in Freshers or during the couple of weeks before....definitely not till September. English always do the online signups though through the whole degree. You'll probably get sent an email about seminar signups in September so just keep an eye on your uni inbox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    For English I think it is either in Freshers or during the couple of weeks before....definitely not till September. English always do the online signups though through the whole degree. You'll probably get sent an email about seminar signups in September so just keep an eye on your uni inbox.
    Yep will definately keep an eye out! I want to try and avoid those early morning seminar slots!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.