Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just curious. General answer seems no.

ReputationRep:
    They probably do some smaller black-tie events for societies or courses, which seems to be the case at other universities. No idea about bigger events?

Personally, I hate black-tie and being expected to wear a dress, so the less the better.

ReputationRep:
    Freshers ball was not black tie, most things people turned up v casual. The grad ball was black-tie but not many people I knew went, probably because we didn't have any suitable clothes! I do know there are a few sports balls and subject specific balls/events that are black-tie, if you like that sort of thing...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info cybersam4000. Personally I can live without the blacktie do's, but I have some smart clothes if it ever came to it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanyore)
    Just curious. General answer seems no.
    Some of our stuff is a bit fancy (Sports/Society balls & the Grad Ball as cybersam4000 said) but even for those some people do a bit more casual. Black tie usually just means 'smart/shirt/tie/nice dress' rather than big ballgowns and expensive tuxs). We're fairly laid back in general

University open days

1. University of Sussex
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.