Turn on thread page Beta

I need to cut so bad right now. I haven't in over a year and don't want to but the urge is so strong. what can I do to distract me?

ReputationRep:
    being on the internet, it should be possible to find something

also, ever tried yoga or meditation? if not seriously, look into it

ok, crap advice, but give me some more to work on, talk to me

ReputationRep:
    Probably not the best time but a walk could be good, just somewhere away from where you can actually cut yourself.

If not then as its quite late, a cup of tea and try to sleep hoping that when you wake up in the morning you may feel a little better?

Just remember you have gone a year without doing so, so you have the strength to get through this.

ReputationRep:
    Play really violent computer games.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Go for a walk. Doesn't matter where. Just get up and go.

ReputationRep:
    I've never intentionally cut myself so I have no idea about what you are going through, but does the pain have to be from cutting? Can't you just punch yourself in the arm? ...

Get an elastic band and snap it on yourself? :dontknow:

(Original post by coszcatl)
    being on the internet, it should be possible to find something

also, ever tried yoga or meditation? if not seriously, look into it

ok, crap advice, but give me some more to work on, talk to me
    Like what? I tried stupid online games and tsr is dead I don't do anything else on the net really.

I tried regular games but I can't concentrate on them.

(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Probably not the best time but a walk could be good, just somewhere away from where you can actually cut yourself.

If not then as its quite late, a cup of tea and try to sleep hoping that when you wake up in the morning you may feel a little better?

Just remember you have gone a year without doing so, so you have the strength to get through this.
    Can't sleep.

A walk might be good but it is a bit late.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather go out and walk (even tho its late) rather than stay in and start harming myself if I were you..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.