Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When you're in a relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't, although I'd be less disinclined to if they were straight.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's fine, I would've slept in the bed. If he tried anything then I'd hit him but I doubt a guy will try it on if you make it clear to him you don't want anything. When my bf left for 6 weeks last year I had mutual friends sleeping in our bed with me because the spare bed was full. really no big deal man. It's just sleep. I wouldn't sleep int eh same bed as an ex bcos I think somene you have a history with is different.

Not acceptable IMO, I'd never do it and would be hurt if a partner did.
    But 3 in a bed and your partner next to her female friend i.e. not immediately next to the other guy would be ok but I still wouldn't want that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiVji)
    It's not right to sleep in the same bed .. michael jackson slept in the same bed as children, look what he was accused off ... So in any relationship, theres always going to be doubt if the partner has cheated, unless she videotapes the whole night and shows it to her bf so he doesnt begin doubting otherwise she has no way to make her bf believe that all they did was sleep.
    accused is the key word. If my girl friend didn't trust me enough to believe me I would dump her, I don't date people who don't trust me. That doubt also shows you wouldn't trust yourself in that situation which would cause me to have my doubts about her loyalty.

ReputationRep:
    since there was another girl in the situation, it wouldn't really bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticMaster)
    Its perfectly acceptable. There is no harm in lying next to someone and sleep or talking to them all night. There isn't also no harm in spooning whilst you sleep. There is only a problem if you do anything sexual. I would and have slept in a bed with a female friend when in a relationship.
    Spooning is quite an intimate thing actually, and I think its quite a betrayal of trust if you do that with a member of the oppostie sex whilst in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it's really THAT bad, but I wouldnt think any one strange for having a problem doing it.

Being a guy though, if I was to do it, there would be a massive risk of waking up with a boner and having to conceal it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spasmos)
    Spooning is quite an intimate thing actually, and I think its quite a betrayal of trust if you do that with a member of the oppostie sex whilst in a relationship.
    Fair enough. I admit it depends upon the girl I am dating and her opinion. I wouldn't assume she would be ok with it and would explain why it isn't a problem to me. In some situations if you are sharing a bed it is just easier and if the person is a good friend its just a sign of that friendship, nothing more. I wouldn't do it with a girl i barely know.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon my boyfriend would say it was ok but really be annoyed. I certainly don't think he would truly believe it was okay.

I'd go off my nut. I'd be seriously annoyed. I'm pretty laid back, but not sharing a bed with another girl. Definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it. Would a girl like to know her boyfriend shared a bed with some girl, even if you knew nothing happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    Do you think it's acceptable to share a bed with a member of the gender you're attracted to? (That isn't your partner.)

I was at a small house party the other night, and everyone was deciding where to sleep. They put me in a bed with a female friend and a guy I didn't know, so I refused as I'm in a long term relationship and thought it would be disrespectful. When I did though people started saying it was "pathetic" and completely ridiculous. I've always thought it unfair on your partner to do so though?

The girl there I'm closest to apparently does it all the time, even sharing a bed with her ex at his home. She just doesn't tell her partner! I'd never dream of doing that, ever. Am I being petty and over thinking it, or does it overstep the line like I thought? What do you think? :confused:
    OP, I agree with your decision.
    You are being loyal to your partner, and that is the best thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's right. I think you can answer the question by imagining how you would feel if your partner did the same thing - would you be upset?

ReputationRep:
    I share a bed with anyone I want. If I don't cheat on my partner, all's well. If I do (for some reason), then the fact I shared a bed with someone is the least of our problems.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm in a relationship with someone, then I trust them implicitly. I see no problem with sleeping in a bed with someone of the opposite gender. As long as you have no intention or inclination to be unfaithful, then where's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    I think you did the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on too many things (who, where, when and why)

ReputationRep:
    It's fine as long as you didn't sleep on top of the guy.

1) Implies you had sex
    2) The sex wasn't too great either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasphlam)
    Do you think it's acceptable to share a bed with a member of the gender you're attracted to? (That isn't your partner.)

I was at a small house party the other night, and everyone was deciding where to sleep. They put me in a bed with a female friend and a guy I didn't know, so I refused as I'm in a long term relationship and thought it would be disrespectful. When I did though people started saying it was "pathetic" and completely ridiculous. I've always thought it unfair on your partner to do so though?

The girl there I'm closest to apparently does it all the time, even sharing a bed with her ex at his home. She just doesn't tell her partner! I'd never dream of doing that, ever. Am I being petty and over thinking it, or does it overstep the line like I thought? What do you think? :confused:
    No, you're absolutely right. Well done, they're idiots. It's completely unacceptable.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.