Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    right
    i received a letter yesterday saying i hadnt provided any evidence so i couldnt get income assessed and therefore was only receiving the basic loan amount of 3564 + tuition fees. instead of the maintenance grant as well.

the evidence got sent, and there was a whole hoohah about whether they got it but sure enough we got a letter about 4 weeks ago to say they had received my mams evidence.

i only live with my mam, but on the back of this letter that says im only getting the loan coz i havent provided evidence, it says its because i havent provided any financial information for sponser 2?
    I HAVE NO SPONSOR 2! so now im confused

so doing what most normal people do i ring student finance up, it goes through and they ask me to type my customer reference number in which i do, and my pin number (4 numbers made up of day and month of birthday) and then it says my pin number and customer reference number dont match up and to try again.
    still no luck!
    im demented!

anybody help me with this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberglover)
    right
    i received a letter yesterday saying i hadnt provided any evidence so i couldnt get income assessed and therefore was only receiving the basic loan amount of 3564 + tuition fees. instead of the maintenance grant as well.

the evidence got sent, and there was a whole hoohah about whether they got it but sure enough we got a letter about 4 weeks ago to say they had received my mams evidence.

i only live with my mam, but on the back of this letter that says im only getting the loan coz i havent provided evidence, it says its because i havent provided any financial information for sponser 2?
    I HAVE NO SPONSOR 2! so now im confused

so doing what most normal people do i ring student finance up, it goes through and they ask me to type my customer reference number in which i do, and my pin number (4 numbers made up of day and month of birthday) and then it says my pin number and customer reference number dont match up and to try again.
    still no luck!
    im demented!

anybody help me with this one?
    Hmm, I'm afraid I'm not sure about the sponsor 2 thing; as I had 2 sponsors; although I would have thought that would have been ok as well, if the only household income is from your mum.

I keep receiving letters/emails from them telling me that they haven't received any evidence....... even though I sent it to them by registered post on 17th April. The letters like that are automated.

Although you've got one with the loan amount? I think if you call them, they'd tell you that they'd still do financial assessed with you; but once they've sorted all the mess out (so everyone at least gets someting)

ReputationRep:
    thats just it though, i call them and cant get through coz of this stupid pin number hoohah.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to wait for the woman on the automated service to finish telling you to input your customer ref number and pin, try waiting then putting it in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberglover)
    thats just it though, i call them and cant get through coz of this stupid pin number hoohah.
    Somewhere else said just keep pressing buttons to get through to a person, who you can then confirm your date of birth with.
    My pin was DMYY (1291) instead of DDMM (0102) consider switching your month around, but otherwise try and rpess buttons just to get through.

There's a notice on the Student Finance Website stating:
    Received a reminder asking for evidence to support a student finance application?

Student Finance England is currently working through a large number of applications for 2009/2010. If you’ve already supplied evidence to support an application (for example, your P60 form), ignore any reminders you get by post or email. All customers who have sent in their application and evidence on time will receive their financial support at the start of term.
    That said, you received a notice saying evidence was received, and another asking for Sponsor2 details.

I managed fine with only one sponsor, so I don't see how you've got this problem and I don't. [Unless the fact my father is no longer alive, or details of my brother's application are also accessible (1 year older)]

As i said, try and call; and so you're aware, the number 0141 243 3929 is generally cheaper than the 0845 300 5090, and reaches the same place.

Sorry I can't help much more with this issue;

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I think you have to wait for the woman on the automated service to finish telling you to input your customer ref number and pin, try waiting then putting it in?
    Woman? I'm sure mine was a man....!
    The first voice is a woman; then a man's. i think Oh well..!

----
    I've found entering the 'CustomerID' and the 'PIN' work fine entering as soon as they've stopped saying 'Please enter the CRN/PIN'

ReputationRep:
    You need to prove to them that your mum is living as a single parent. I only live with my mum too and she had to send her decree absolute to prove that her and my dad are divorced.

To get through just press random numbers, worked for me xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyChris)
    Woman? I'm sure mine was a man....!
    The first voice is a woman; then a man's. i think Oh well..!

----
    I've found entering the 'CustomerID' and the 'PIN' work fine entering as soon as they've stopped saying 'Please enter the CRN/PIN'
    Oh well, woman, man, alien... You just have to enter after 'they' finish speaking

ReputationRep:
    i only have one sponser and i had to send in my dad's divorce thingy, but iim pretty sure it asked on the forms if u only had 1 sponser?
    for the ID and pin thing, for some reason i had to put my dad's birthday in with my ID number, and that worked.... no idea why

ReputationRep:
    Sponsor 2 is your mother. How Protocol, the system that SFE use, is set up is that the mother/stepmother/father's partner is always the second sponsor. It only allows male sponsors as sponsor 1, and only female as sponsor 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    Sponsor 2 is your mother. How Protocol, the system that SFE use, is set up is that the mother/stepmother/father's partner is always the second sponsor. It only allows male sponsors as sponsor 1, and only female as sponsor 2.
    That's entirely not true....

My mother is my only sponsor; Sponsor 1.
    My dad can't really provide any evidence, he was dead before the tax year 2007/08...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    How strange, but if this is the case then they probably just havent got round to your evidence yet, they did all the applications non-means tested first and now theyre going through all the evidence (when i phoned the other day they said they were dealing with evidence received by the end of june), so you should get it eventually, ring them up on monday to check this though :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyChris)
    That's entirely not true....

My mother is my only sponsor; Sponsor 1.
    My dad can't really provide any evidence, he was dead before the tax year 2007/08...
    Actually, from working on the system every day for the last 3.5 years, I know exactly what it is.

This is how the assessments system is set up. If anyone on here knows how the actual assessment system works, it'll be me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.