The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
:s-smilie: I don't read the Daily Mail but even so most of what this article is true...

Damn the recession....:mad:

25% rise in applications for places like Portsmouth is weird tho...what have they got that no-one else has? :confused:
Reply 101
:yep:
Reply 102
"But despite turning away record numbers of UK students, universities are still recruiting heavily for overseas candidates who pay up to £20,000 a year in tuition fees.
There is no bar on the number of international students they can take but they face financial penalties if they exceed strict Government quotas for UK students."

Can I ask why they felt the need to include this or what relevance this has to the article? More sensationalist tripe from the daily fail by taking subtle digs and trying to stir up dislike for foreigners. Lack of real facts aswell I think. No one has actually put a figure on anything, just that people wil need to explore options fairly rapidly. This is news to no one.
Reply 103
Heartbreak, fight for places, numbers falling fast... OH THE DRAMA! This article is terrible.

University places should remain competitive..
Reply 104
bigmo7
:s-smilie: I don't read the Daily Mail but even so most of what this article is true...

Damn the recession....:mad:

25% rise in applications for places like Portsmouth is weird tho...what have they got that no-one else has? :confused:

Low Entry Requirements?
Battle you say?

Finally a good idea - survival of the fittest. I hope this battle is televised.
Reply 106
Who cares the ones with the highest rise in applicants are the ones I least want to go to. As long as SOAS,LSE,Warwick remain low it's all good.
Reply 107
well thats a shame for people who fail
:awesome:
Reply 108
Easywellyes
Battle you say?

Finally a good idea - survival of the fittest. I hope this battle is televised.

Battle Royale style! :eek3:
i think i am going to hate about this is its going to become a big political issue full of hot air for a few weeks then done with it, forgotten until next year, which will be painful for people and bring up hate, for messing up someone dream, and nothing will change

while the poor people that have missed out its going to play on them for a while, the recession is not helping as you hearing off stories of people going back to uni to gain new skills, and on top on cut backs on spending for the uni, there are just too many people fighting for so few spaces
Ronar
well thats a shame for people who fail
:awesome:

ahhh you jerk!

I lol'd tho :p:

Anyway, every news paper for the mail, to the times, to the telegraph, run a similar article each year at this time which never fails to make already stressed exam students the nation over cack themselves.

but yay for manchester only having 1.2%. hope that bodes well for me...
lets have cage matches decide

I'm only saying that because I've already got a place :p:
Lol @ Bucks Uni having a 38.7% rise... they only opened in the last few years!
Well I suppose it's good in a way, as universities need to remain competitive, otherwise what's the point?

I think I'm going to be one of those 150,000 though, which is going to suck. :frown:
Glad Bath is my firm!
Reply 115
callum Honisett
Glad Bath is my firm!

because you want to go to the unpopular uni? Not thought about why the numbers might be down? :P
Good thing I've got my place then!
Reply 117
GeorgEGNT
Good thing I've got my place then!

Unconditional?
why no mention of durham, does that mean its not changed *hoping*
Reply 119
Diferred entry ftw!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending