Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I want to send a letter to GAME to ask them if they could sponsor our society by offering us 10% discounts on purchases at their store. Could someone tell me how I could ask this? In return the society is willing to put their logo/name on cards, have a society trip to the local game store and advertise there name in the freshers fayre. thanks

If I was a manager of a chain store like Game I would ask myself what are we going to get out of it by offering 10% discount to members of the society. This could mean losing over £100 and you need to make sure that the deal is worth it for them.

It sounds like a pretty sweet deal for you but nothing for them? They get your custom, which they could get anyway? Your society has how many members? Does what? Speaks to? Has what sway at the University? These are the kinds of questions I would ask. I'd also ask my Students' Union for help because they will have more skills and experience to advise you on how to do it properly.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.