Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    It's interesting when placed in the right context i.e. the medical sde of things but learning about useless chemistry really, less politely put, gets on my breasts.

yeah. ..fair enough..i agree:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I've not yet studied it yet, but I'm sure that it doesn't have all aspects of chemistry in. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) its mainly organic chemistry and biochemistry, but then theres also other aspects of pharmacy that are not chemistry based, such as pharmacy practice and theraputics.
    Thank God for that! I thought I was the only one! I detest Chemistry...only because I'm not good at it. When it comes to learning I'm ok but when it comes to exams and all goes to pot then thats when I start hating it. Pharmacy should be interesting haha. When I went to the open day though it didn't seem to bad but they always like to trick you into doing things.

(Original post by RachelOranges)
    Thank God for that! I thought I was the only one! I detest Chemistry...only because I'm not good at it. When it comes to learning I'm ok but when it comes to exams and all goes to pot then thats when I start hating it. Pharmacy should be interesting haha. When I went to the open day though it didn't seem to bad but they always like to trick you into doing things.
    Yea I am the same as you. I do like chemistry, but when it comes to exams I completely and utterly fail and hate it. I nearly cried when I walked out of my final a level chemistry exam in june, coz I felt it went that badly. Luckily, I like organic chemistry and biochemistry (likely to be pharmacology though) so I'm hoping that I am right

I think it will be interesting. I chose it coz I like the work once your qualified (or in pre-reg) I love the variation of work you can do, the different environments you can work in etc. It seems bery rewarding. At the moment I only really dispense scripts and that (dispensary assistant) and thats fulfiling enough for me

ReputationRep:
    Whaaaat Thaaaa Faaaack

(Original post by lnx)
    Whaaaat Thaaaa Faaaack
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :confused:
    If you are doing pharmacy, then you should enjoy chemistry. If you don't, I don't think you will enjoy your course, considering you will study it for a looong time.

That's just my opinion. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    how can you hate chemistry? tis blasphemy I say!
    I know!

It's like the best thing ever.

But you can say that 'Miss A' I have no right. :sad:

Also, have you seen my 'results day thread'? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I know!

It's like the best thing ever.

But you can say that 'Miss A' I have no right. :sad:

Also, have you seen my 'results day thread'? :ninja:

Nope....It's not that what are you wearing on results day one is it?:p:

I'll look for it now..unless it's old and i'm already subscribed:p:

(Original post by lnx)
    If you are doing pharmacy, then you should enjoy chemistry. If you don't, I don't think you will enjoy your course, considering you will study it for a looong time.

That's just my opinion. :woo:
    Hehe fair enough

Some people on this thread don't like it, and as far as I've seen, if you go into community/possibly hospital pharmacy after you have qualified, then you don't have to look at chemistry ever again. I think thats what some of the people who don't like it will possibly do. The above is from my experience, it could be wrong

I do agree with you anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Nope....It's not that what are you wearing on results day one is it?:p:

I'll look for it now..unless it's old and i'm already subscribed:p:
    No but you will be pleasantly surprised! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran578)
    how much maths is in pharmacy?
    There is maths in pharmacy but not too much and i think they tend to get it out of the way in first year

ReputationRep:
    I hated chemistry before starting pharmacy and really struggled with it at school. In pharmacy though, it has been my best subject and really enjoy it now!!

ReputationRep:
    sorry for trolling, but how many years to be pharmacist in England?

(Original post by ThisisZAK)
    sorry for trolling, but how many years to be pharmacist in England?
    Training do you mean?

4 years at University, 1 year in pre-reg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Training do you mean?

4 years at University, 1 year in pre-reg.
    Ah! Ok, thanks...

ReputationRep:
    I hate chem SO SO much right now. Can't seem to figure anything out. If I drop it I'm left with 2 A levels. It's so bloody difficult. GRRRRRR

ReputationRep:
    i completely agree with this thread im doing a-level chemistry atm and how i will come out with a B i really dont know. its a shame cos i really like the subject but only organic chemistry
    everything else can get burnt tbh! haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.