Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello!
    You've all probably had these threads a thousand times before but Im alittle anxious and would like an objective view!

Im not due my period of another week but for about a week now I've been experiencing constant headaches, cramps, tiredness and frequent weeing! Now today I've been woken up with sickness which Im still experiencing and im sweating like a pig with no temperature!

I would just like to know if any one else thinks its a possibility, whether or not I should buy a preggers test! They cost 9 quid you know!

Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    We are not your uterus and we are not doctors.

Take a test

ReputationRep:
    For starters they don't cost £9. Get to Superdrug and get their own brand. Twin pack for £5 and they are on offer.. two for like £8 or something.

Anyway, as to your symptoms, they do sound similar to pregnancy ones, but they can also be psychological. Like if you think you are pregnant, you start to spot other symptoms that confirm it in your head, even if its not true - if that makes sense.

When did you have unprotected sex? It's probably not worth taking a test right now, i'd wait until at least a couple of days before your period is due. Keep an eye on your symptoms. But no harm in testing if you want to, but it may not show up. And remember, lines might be really faint.

ReputationRep:
    I bought preg tests off the net for about £2, the same ones they use at the Drs. Like the other guy said how are we to know? You might have swine flu for all we know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan1990)
    We are not your uterus and we are not doctors.

Take a test
    LOL I love that line.
    Yh OP take a test ffs and stop saying 'preggers'.

ReputationRep:
    You might not be pregnant, your symptoms could be down to a virus or something. Anyway pregnancy tests are only a few quid....they are a pound in the pound shop.

We've been discussing getting pregnant for abit now so its been a few weeks we've been having unprotected sex for.

I understand you people are not my uterus, I would just like a different point of view other than my own!

Yeah its a possibility they could be psychological, but before Ieven thought about it being pregnancy symptoms, I've been getting them. I thought I had swine flu!

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: £9? That's for those fancy digital ones. Just take a test or go to the doctors. Simples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We've been discussing getting pregnant for abit now so its been a few weeks we've been having unprotected sex for.

I understand you people are not my uterus, I would just like a different point of view other than my own!

Yeah its a possibility they could be psychological, but before Ieven thought about it being pregnancy symptoms, I've been getting them. I thought I had swine flu!
    How old are you?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    yup ones from the pound shop work just as well as any other.

And preggers really is an awful word *cringes*

Thats what I thought! But you have to have a high temp or a fever for it to be swine flu.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you've got a UTI or maybe even diabetes?

ReputationRep:
    You're worried that £9 would be too much to pay for a pregnancy test and you're considering having a child?

(Original post by TheMeister)
    Maybe you've got a UTI or maybe even diabetes?
    Whats UTI?

I am 23 Trigger

(Original post by Bekaboo)
    You're worried that £9 would be too much to pay for a pregnancy test and you're considering having a child?
    No not at all!

It was a joke. It failed..

ReputationRep:
    Whats UTI?

I am 23 Trigger
    A urinary tract infection; the symptoms match.

It's not a very pleasant infection at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    This.

Just go to dr's for a check up

ReputationRep:
    Whats UTI?

I am 23 Trigger
    If this is true i am not sure you have the maturity or mental capacity to have a kid. You want a child but don't want to pay £9 to find out, you don't know what the symptoms of pregnancy are yet you are trying to get pregnant and you use the word preggers. I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceburg.

(Original post by Trigger)
    If this is true i am not sure you have the maturity or mental capacity to have a kid. You want a child but don't want to pay £9 to find out, you don't know what the symptoms of pregnancy are yet you are trying to get pregnant and you use the word preggers. I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceburg.
    Yep, ok

I didnt realise to be able to fend for a child meant knowing what the symptoms of pregnancy were. My bad. And making a money joke. My bad again.

Thank you those who have given me advice though!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, ok

I didnt realise to be able to fend for a child meant knowing what the symptoms of pregnancy were. My bad. And making a money joke. My bad again.

Thank you those who have given me advice though!
    Well you just don't give the impression of being particularly prepared :dontknow: perhaps you are just not very eloquent.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.