Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i just did a couple weeks work experiance in a cardiovascular surgery, but i was worried about seeing all the blood etc.. I mean yeah ive seen it all on TV but i didn't know how would i react. In short, i was fine BUT there was one thing that really made me feel sick or weird, that was the smell of burning flesh and bones! :eek3: It was really odd. Normal or not?

Something else that freaked me out is imaging the patient in surgery without all the green fabric... :eek3:

I dont actually think that many people are squeamish about blood and needles? Possible because of repeated exposure to it on TV etc...???

NB: Just realized my title was atrociously spelt, i apolagize for any grammatical/spelling errors in this post :P

ReputationRep:
    The smell thing is probably normal for first time exposure.

ReputationRep:
    How many threads are there already about squeamishness in med applicants?!? And the worst horriblest most disgusting things ever in medicine?!?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I just made that up, probably more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    i always asume you're a girl....

with the pink and the dancing happy feet...so strong is society's brainwashing... :eek3:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.