Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is a specific phrase for the London eye in italian, or is it just london eye?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought it was just the London eye ?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try posting this in the foreign languages forum?

ReputationRep:
    I strongly suspect it will just be called 'Il London Eye' Italians tend to keep to the original language for names like that...

Alternatively will be 'L'Occhio di Londra'

ReputationRep:
    For famous landmarks such as the London Eye, Buckingham Palace and the likes you generally tend to keep the English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spike4848)
    I strongly suspect it will just be called 'Il London Eye'
    That's the one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbles1992)
    Does anyone know if there is a specific phrase for the London eye in italian, or is it just london eye?
    thanks
    Il London Eye (Occhio di Londra), noto anche con il nome di Millenium Wheel (Ruota del Millennio), è una ruota panoramica costruita nel 1999 ed aperta al pubblico nel Marzo del 2000.

wikipedia.org :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoCommentMan)
    Il London Eye (Occhio di Londra), noto anche con il nome di Millenium Wheel (Ruota del Millennio), è una ruota panoramica costruita nel 1999 ed aperta al pubblico nel Marzo del 2000.

wikipedia.org :p:

Going to have disagree with you on a minor point there..despite what wikipedia says - it should be l'Occhio di Londra, not il Occhio di Londra. Why I'm not sure, but if you compare:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGL S_en-GBGB291GB303&q="l'occhio+di+lond ra"&btnG=Search&meta=

with:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGL S_en-GBGB291GB303&q="il+occhio+di+lon dra"&btnG=Search&meta=

I think L'occhio comes out the winner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spike4848)
    Going to have disagree with you on a minor point there..despite what wikipedia says - it should be l'Occhio di Londra, not il Occhio di Londra. Why I'm not sure, but if you compare: [...]
    Try to change the wikipedia article on London Eye.

In my opinion, 'il London Eye' is the winner.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 11, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.