Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I eat the ends and sometimes not the middle :woo:
    I bite off the ends of those chunky chips and suck out the potato, then eat the rest with ketchup. But I do them one by one. I don't leave scattered 'chip carcasses' all over my plate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitothy)
    My mate likes to eat "pizza sandwiches", he will almost obsessively put his slice of pizza between two slices of bread... none of us have ever understood why.

Personally I have yet to find a meal which isn't improved by adding a gallon of gravy.
    Gravy :coma:
    Gravy granules :coma: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I like to finish all the different food types at the same time, so i'll go round and have say a bit of potato, then carrots, then meat, then go round again then at the end eat the last bits all together...so it's fair :yes:
    Also if i have small things i won't eat them in even numbers, so i would never have 4 peas, it'd have to be 3 or 5...euch i hate even numbers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Same with the drink thing, I don't know what it is but it's strange. No one around me realises I'm doing it though but in my mind I'm constantly thinking about it :erm:
    I used to think about it constantly but now it just happens naturally..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    I used to think about it constantly but now it just happens naturally..
    Throughout the whole meal I'm thinking about the perfect ratio just so I don't have to eat one thing on its own. :rolleyes:

Then I look at my drink like I hope I don't finish my drink before my meal :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i have a lot of these but the two people point out the most are magic stars and chips
    chips are simple, I have to poke every one, the squishy ones i eat straight away and the non squishy ones I put in a pile. I do this over and over making a smaller and smaller pile until there are none left.
    this makes sense as you eat the good chips first and if you get full up you haven't wasted space on bad chips.

magic stars are a little more complicated: I line them up in the 6 faces, then take one from the longest line and add it to the shortest line and so on until the lines are as equal as they can be, then separate them in to rows of 2 and whatever's left over. I give away whatever's left over and then I take the two lines between my hands and flip them from hand to hand 24 times before I put them all in my mouth. even I admit that ones a bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    I bite off the ends of those chunky chips and suck out the potato, then eat the rest with ketchup. But I do them one by one. I don't leave scattered 'chip carcasses' all over my plate.
    ditto, except with pink sauce.

:zomg: I do that too, but with drinks. I won't allow myself to finish my drink when my food hasn't finished yet.
    I have to be halfway through my food AND my drink. It's weird.
    ditto....

I always dunk my biscuits. That probably makes me the most awkward person on this thread HA!
    And with Kitkat I bite all the chocolate off and pick the wafer off row by row..
    Andd I like peeling the really thin skin off grapes and eating that before I eat the actual grape..

And I'll stop there. :p:
    ditto, I do the same with time outs.

we should eat together, then we won't feel like freaks.

I also have a thing about the amount of sauce packets I eat in wetherspoons. I always get the same amount and always have one mayo and one ketchup left over. and even if it's too much mayo for my burger i'll put the usual amount in, cuz that's just the way it's meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    ditto, except with pink sauce.
    What's Pink sauce?

I also have a thing about the amount of sauce packets I eat in wetherspoons. I always get the same amount and always have one mayo and one ketchup left over. and even if it's too much mayo for my burger i'll put the usual amount in, cuz that's just the way it's meant to be.
    Lol!! I have a set routine at subway, where I always get the same salad in the same order:
    Tomato, cucumber, onion, olive, pickle, jalapeno, BBQ sauce, chilli sauce.
    Anything missing and the sub tastes weird.

ReputationRep:
    Custard cream biscuits! Who else seperates the biscuit layers licks off the custard and eats the biscuit afterwards lol!

ReputationRep:
    What's Pink sauce?

Lol!! I have a set routine at subway, where I always get the same salad in the same order:
    Tomato, cucumber, onion, olive, pickle, jalapeno, BBQ sauce, chilli sauce.
    Anything missing and the sub tastes weird.
    :O the other week my chicken burger came without red onion and I actually didn't want it any more! I only ate it because it was already paid for but the whole time I was just like "nah, this is weird. do not want."

You have made me feel so much better about my 'particular' eating habits. :p:

pink sauce is ketchup and mayo mixed together. best sauce ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Custard cream biscuits! Who else seperates the biscuit layers licks off the custard and eats the biscuit afterwards lol!
    A lot of people

ReputationRep:
    I push Kitkat fingers up my bum.

ReputationRep:
    :O the other week my chicken burger came without red onion and I actually didn't want it any more! I only ate it because it was already paid for but the whole time I was just like "nah, this is weird. do not want."

You have made me feel so much better about my 'particular' eating habits. :p:

pink sauce is ketchup and mayo mixed together. best sauce ever.
    Ahh. I've had that. It's the only way I can actually eat mayo with chips etc, otherwise I don't like it.

That's why TSR = win.

PS. Have you tried cream crackers with philadelphia? :drool:

ReputationRep:
    This isn't very wacky but I don't like eating ice cream as solid ( if in a bowl). I mix it till it's cream like and then eat it.

ReputationRep:
    I used to make mashed potato towers before I could eat it when I was little.

I can't eat more than one type of food together like if I'm having chips and sausage or something I have to finish the sausage before I start the chips.

If I have a jam doughnut I squeeze all the jam into my mouth before eat the actual doughnut because I don't like unexpected jam!

I eat cereal dry. But that's because I hate milk.

I apparently hold a fork wrong lol

I'm really really scared of honeycomb. It makes me feel sick just looking at it. The same with porridge and weetabix :yuck:

I'll stop now lol

ReputationRep:
    i have strange habbits of eat huge ammounts
    also when i have a macies i combine 2 burgers together it is reli nice i like to combine the bigmac and double cheese burgers

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything that weird.

I like eating condiment sandwiches, especially brown sauce sandwiches.

I eat really fast as well. If i don't make an effort to pace myself, i always finish pretty much before anyone else has started.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: there are other weird people. I don't mix food - Like If I have any rice, none of the rice can touch the meat or veggies or those two things touch each other. Any sauce must only touch that which it is designed for - I'd get seriously worried if say, my pepper sauce ran off my steak and on to the vegetables! I had a panic attack because of garnish once - my friend put spring onion slices along the sauce on some chicken, and I cried :p:
    oh and smarties - I make all the colours equal, then eat them one by one in rainbow order :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    I like to have a bit of everything on my fork. So if i'm having a roast, i need a bit of meat, veg and potato on my fork. And if i run out of one, i wont eat the rest. Ratios don't need to be equal though, so don't tend to run out
    I also do this! Never really thought of it as a crazy eating method, although I suppose someone watching me staring at my plate, sizing up my potatoes and estimating whether I need to cut any more of my broccoli florets in half would disagree with me! :p:

As a kid, growing up in a poor family, I used to sometimes eat biscuits (lots of) and tea for breakfast or lunch and was always unable to eat biscuits unless I only ate 3, 5, 7, 11, 13...etc. It wasn't until I was older that I realised these were prime numbers. I still do this, hesitating when reaching for the 8th biscuit, knowing that I'd have to eat 3 more after and rejecting offerings of a biscuit at friends' houses because I didn't want to look greedy grabbing three (dunno why I never consider 2 to be a prime number when it comes to biscuits).
    Yeah, a little weird I guess. :o:

Remember more:
    Oh, and Skittles I eat two at a time and they have to not be the same colour. And I hold each wine gum up to the light and roll it between my finger and thumb before I eat it (I do this with something else but can't think what it is at the moment).
    Also, I put salt on my boiled egg after every scoop and sugar on my kiwi after every scoop.
    I also save the middle of my McDonald's burgers til last (only with McD ones) and it HAS to have a bit of gherkin in it. Sometimes with my second to last mouthful, I bite a bit of the gherkin but not enough to break it and the whole thing is dragged into my mouth and I have to pull the gherkin out of my mouth again just to stuff it into my burger center just so I can have some gherkin in my last bite.
    With chips, I hate them touching the sauce, but then I go and dip the chips in the sauce anyway. People who squirt ketchup all over their chips make me shudder.
    I always wash my eggs, even though 'you're not eating the shell'!
    I don't use a table knife unless absolutely necessary, but I always have one. I will always try and cut whatever with the side of my fork first (plus teeth if needed), because I like to sit on my left hand when eating. When I've finished the meal, if I haven't used the knife, I always have to rub it in any sauce/gravy/oil/soup/etc left on the plate so the knife needs washing.

ReputationRep:
    with a twix i eat the chocolate and caramel first then eat the biscuit last

with custard creams i take the two biscuit bits apart lick off the 'cream' in the middle then eat the biscuts

with roast i eat the veg first and the meat last

with something and chips (i'e burger, saveloy :p:, fish) i always have the chips first tthen eat the 'something'

possibly more to come...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.