Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Crazy eating methods watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I like to eat toast using a knife and fork, it makes it feel totally different to eating it by hand somehow.

ReputationRep:
    I cut a melon in half and eat it with a spoon

ReputationRep:
    Need to have at least one piece of everything for every mouthful. I actually used to divide every piece of food into equal parts before eating and it usually went cold!

Same with the knife thing, it's got to have something on it even if I haven't used it.

I have put peanut butter on Kit-Kat's for ages, then the *******s copied me and put peanut butter inside Kit-Kat Chunkies. I'm gonna sue the suckers!

I eat the skin off grapes before eating the grape. The grapes also have to be the correct hardness. They have to be quite firm, too soft and I cant even look at it. This is the same as any other fruit, and pickled onions.

I also put chips and chicken nuggets inside a Big Mac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeasleyNumber10)
    Things on my plate can't touch, generally, there are some exceptions. Also, I can't eat hot and cold things together and I can't have, for example, apple crumble with ice cream or custard in the same bowl... I have to eat the crumble first and then eat the ice cream/custard afterwards from a different bowl... If I get given it all in one bowl I have a little panic attack... It's very strange...
    I read this and thought, wow, that sounds like my sister. Then I realised you were my sister. Odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krisjustreadin)
    No. But I never mix food, and eat everything seperately... say like a sunday dinner I would eat all the mash at once then the meat etc etc. Its a little like food-ocd.
    Yeah snap! Even with mixed veg, i have to eat all the peas first, then all the carrots, then all the sweetcorn etc.. Strange really

When i ate apples, i used to peel all the skin off with a potato peeler, eat the apple then eat the skin for some weird reason.

ReputationRep:
    i thought i was the only one with bizzare eating rituals. i eat natural yougurt in 50 or 100 gram portion sizes, then go back for more. i eat it with pretty much eveything tbh! when eating porridge i have to sprinkle some raw oats in my mouth before cooking it, the same with soup powder. i only lightly stir soup powder so the clumpy bit at the end is really tasty. i have to have a bite of the second cracker/piece of bread with spread before sitting down to eat both pieces. i break cereal bars in two, eat one half, put it down, then eat the other half. the greasy chips are always left last, and i reject them one by one until i dont want any of them. quorn burgers are cut into carrot sized strips. i sometimes warm up fruit and veg in the microwave.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, i'd strip all the chocolate from a Fry's turkish delight, leaving me with this disgusting pink bar of soapy glucose that tasted revolting without chocolate. but i'd still buy them and still do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkk-x)
    Yeah snap! Even with mixed veg, i have to eat all the peas first, then all the carrots, then all the sweetcorn etc.. Strange really

When i ate apples, i used to peel all the skin off with a potato peeler, eat the apple then eat the skin for some weird reason.
    Haha sometimes I'd do that too. to be honest im not nearly as bad anymore and dont really mind eating things mixed, I just do it seperate cause it takes less effort. haha.

Lot of people seem to have this trait. we should start a club or something!

ReputationRep:
    i just eat like a dog really

if i get a take out like lamb chops/chicken and chips i slomp it on the plate in a big pile

:coma:

looks like **** but who cares

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any weird eating rituals...:erm:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I have weird eating rituals with certain foods.

I can't eat sandwhiches (mainly chicken) without puting crisps on top of the bread.

Twix's chocolate bars I have to eat all the caramel first, then bite the chocolate around the sides off, then I eat the biscuit part bit by bit, judging by the holes that are in the biscuit.

Jaffa Cakes I have to eat the around the inner circle, then i eat the chocolate off the top, then the jelly bit, then the cake bit.

Banana's I have to take off all the little stringy bits, same with oranges too, it makes me gag.

Urmm I think thats it haha.

ReputationRep:
    I like to have a cup of tea and then put almonds and pecans to soak in it. Once I have drunk the cup of tea the water has worked its way into the nuts and made them all soft and nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krisjustreadin)
    No. But I never mix food, and eat everything seperately... say like a sunday dinner I would eat all the mash at once then the meat etc etc. Its a little like food-ocd.
    I do this :blush:

ReputationRep:
    When I was little, say if I had sausages chips and peas, i'd eat the peas then the chips then the sausages separately and used to take a sip of water in between every mouthful :p:
    Strangely my little sister does this too...weird kids haha
    When i'm in a restaurant I eat burgers with a knife and fork
    I won't eat chips without mayonnaise even though it used to make me sick and I can't eat fish fingers unless its on bread

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.