Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    My PS looks like this in UCAS
    Spoiler:
    Show

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaa.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaa.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaa.

Though you can actually see where a new paragraph starts, I need blank lines! Nooooooo! :bawling: Back to work.
    I don't think it allows you to have blank lines. It doesn't matter though, just means you have more lines to write on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottfly7)
    I don't think it allows you to have blank lines. It doesn't matter though, just means you have more lines to write on.
    It does allow blank lines :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It does allow blank lines :yep:
    Ooooooh, I didn't know that. Why do you need them anyway? It just means you have less space to write on.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooooh, I didn't know that. Why do you need them anyway? It just means you have less space to write on.
    lol I don't know, perhaps it'll be easier to read? I'm seeing how much I can cut out now so if it's possible there will be blank lines Wow, you got the perfect offers...offtopic but did you revise a lot for the BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    lol I don't know, perhaps it'll be easier to read? I'm seeing how much I can cut out now so if it's possible there will be blank lines Wow, you got the perfect offers...offtopic but did you revise a lot for the BMAT?
    I revised ********* for the BMAT! Loads of past papers and questions from the books, but it was worth it in the end. Just think- you can give up your social life for 1 1/2 months now and get an amazing score out of it. Then get your offer, give up your social life again and revise really hard for your A2s, then restart your social life and get a medical school place out of it. It really is worth doing. Unless you are one of these people who goes out partying every night and then gets 100% in everything, in which case I envy you :p:

ReputationRep:
    I revised ********* for the BMAT! Loads of past papers and questions from the books, but it was worth it in the end. Just think- you can give up your social life for 1 1/2 months now and get an amazing score out of it. Then get your offer, give up your social life again and revise really hard for your A2s, then restart your social life and get a medical school place out of it. It really is worth doing. Unless you are one of these people who goes out partying every night and then gets 100% in everything, in which case I envy you :p:
    Your tempting me to do the bmat. what kind of revison did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    Your tempting me to do the bmat. what kind of revison did you do?
    Lots of past papers, lots of essays. Relearning all of the Physics I forgot. Basically revisum ad nauseum (it works!). Make sure you are familiar with the format of the exam, and try some papers under timed conditions to see how you do. And practise writing as many essays as possible- it is horrible to do, but really pays off.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of past papers, lots of essays. Relearning all of the Physics I forgot. Basically revisum ad nauseum (it works!). Make sure you are familiar with the format of the exam, and try some papers under timed conditions to see how you do. And practise writing as many essays as possible- it is horrible to do, but really pays off.
    hmm i loved the look of ucl but the bmat put me off lol. I think i might give it a go. Where do you get the past papers and what books did you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    hmm i loved the look of ucl but the bmat put me off lol. I think i might give it a go. Where do you get the past papers and what books did you use?
    They have a couple of papers on the ucles website, and questions on this website. I used the official BMAT book and the Kaplan one (which isn't published anymore).
    Apply to UCL! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    They have a couple of papers on the ucles website, and questions on this website. I used the official BMAT book and the Kaplan one (which isn't published anymore).
    Apply to UCL! :woo:
    looks like i will:thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Just to repeat my question as it has been moved here.. anyone of you shown yours to teachers and have received responses from both ends of the spectrum? (v. positive to.. wtf?!)

ReputationRep:
    For each thing in my PS do I need to explicitly say what it shows about me doing medicine?
    For example I am doing gold DofE and play clarinet grade 4, do I need to say 'which shows my perseverance and determination to suceed?...'

Also are most people saying one different skill for each thing they write in your PS?

ReputationRep:
    Is GP acceptable to put down or do I have to put down general practioner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Is GP acceptable to put down or do I have to put down general practioner?
    GP is one that is usually ok to abbreviate as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    GP is one that is usually ok to abbreviate as far as I'm concerned.
    I was going to talk about an ERCP that i watched on hospital work experience, should i abbreviate that because the actual words take up a line or two by themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_smurf)
    I was going to talk about an ERCP that i watched on hospital work experience, should i abbreviate that because the actual words take up a line or two by themselves.
    Yeah, I reckon you could get away with that. The don't abbreviate things is more for things where the same few letters could indicate multiple different things, or different things for different specialties or where not everyone would recognise it (or where it's not obvious from google which it means!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Yeah, I reckon you could get away with that. The don't abbreviate things is more for things where the same few letters could indicate multiple different things, or different things for different specialties or where not everyone would recognise it (or where it's not obvious from google which it means!)
    ist just that someone at school said to me that you should write as if the person reading it has no knowledge of medicine whatsoever, in which case they wouldn't know what an ERCP was. Or are they wrong :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ist just that someone at school said to me that you should write as if the person reading it has no knowledge of medicine whatsoever, in which case they wouldn't know what an ERCP was. Or are they wrong :confused:

Why dont you put Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in full for now, then change it if you cant cut down on characters any other way, later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Why dont you put Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in full for now, then change it if you cant cut down on characters any other way, later?
    I'm already 700 characters over the limit :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm already 700 characters over the limit :o:
    LOL fair dues, the people reading you PS will likely be very familiar with medicine, but google says yes.

I forgot how far into the PS cycle we are, last year i was on my 8th draft by now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.