Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_smurf)
    a few people at my school say their starting with a story, as it is then quite easy to talk about why medicine etc. but make sure make it unique as i suspect a lot of people may start like this so it could get quite boring for the ps-readers at uni.
    I presume you haven't started writing your ps today right? :p:
    I know a couple of medics who haven't started their statements yet! :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    I know a couple of medics who haven't started their statements yet! :eek:
    First Time appliers?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

and they probs have 100 million As and A*s and a 800 UKCAT, so they will probs get in even with a passionless PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    First Time appliers?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

and they probs have 100 million As and A*s and a 800 UKCAT, so they will probs get in even with a passionless PS.
    Yup :yep: How do you know that their academics are just brilliant?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    Yup :yep: How do you know that their academics are just brilliant?
    Cos no one is that cocky to leave it so late, unless their academics were a joke, and they were arrogant *******.

ReputationRep:
    Cos no one is that cocky to leave it so late, unless their academics were a joke, and they were arrogant *******.
    True, true. Plus they appear to be quite lazy, whilst very intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    that makes sense :sadnod: oh well hopefully it will be fun and help my studies, thanks
    When is it? You could probably meet a bunch of ICL/UCL/SGUL freshers if you want any face-to-face help.

And thanks for your best wishes, they are of course reciprocated

ReputationRep:
    A fair few of my year did it in a week, we are indescribably lazy

ReputationRep:
    a few people at my school say their starting with a story, as it is then quite easy to talk about why medicine etc. but make sure make it unique as i suspect a lot of people may start like this so it could get quite boring for the ps-readers at uni.
    I presume you haven't started writing your ps today right? :p:
    Ive finished it lol but my intro needs work as well as my conclusion

ReputationRep:
    So...my PS is almost almost good, it's missing a A levels paragraph, but I have no space and also I don't really want to mention anything about my A-levels because a billion or so people will write about that, isn't there a more personal yet as effective angle that I could use to document my interest in medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexis 123)
    So...my PS is almost almost good, it's missing a A levels paragraph, but I have no space and also I don't really want to mention anything about my A-levels because a billion or so people will write about that, isn't there a more personal yet as effective angle that I could use to document my interest in medicine?
    You don't need an a-level paragraph, your referral contains that and it is a waste of words that could be better used expressing your suitability for medicine. I didnt and I dont think anyone at my school did.

isn't there a more personal yet as effective angle that I could use to document my interest in medicine?

What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    When is it? You could probably meet a bunch of ICL/UCL/SGUL freshers if you want any face-to-face help.

And thanks for your best wishes, they are of course reciprocated
    :grin: its on the 22nd september

(Original post by rockyone2)
    Ive finished it lol but my intro needs work as well as my conclusion
    Oh right, i thought that much :thumbsup: deadline approaching soon, really nervous, constant butterflies :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    :grin: its on the 22nd september

Oh right, i thought that much :thumbsup: deadline approaching soon, really nervous, constant butterflies :sadnod:
    UCL doesnt start until the 27th. Have fun anyway, pm me if you want anymore aid.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need an a-level paragraph, your referral contains that and it is a waste of words that could be better used expressing your suitability for medicine. I didnt and I dont think anyone at my school did.

isn't there a more personal yet as effective angle that I could use to document my interest in medicine?

What do you mean?
    I was thinking of a particular area of medicine to talk about in my PS. Although I'm apprehenhisve at the prospect of being probed deeply on this subject matter during interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexis 123)
    I was thinking of a particular area of medicine to talk about in my PS. Although I'm apprehenhisve at the prospect of being probed deeply on this subject matter during interview.
    I wouldn't risk it, it might be better to talk about the role and responsibility of doctors in general. It would be fine on the other hand to mention where you got your work experience as then they would expect some knowledge but not the in depth knowledge of say hip joints

ReputationRep:
    UCL doesnt start until the 27th. Have fun anyway, pm me if you want anymore aid.
    oooh just remembered im going to the Potmed thing at imperial on the 27th september (you start on a sunday :confused:), and thanks for the help , i may just need it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    oooh just remembered im going to the Potmed thing at imperial on the 27th september (you start on a sunday :confused:), and thanks for the help , i may just need it :rolleyes:
    Sorry, 26th - we enrol on 27th but its the 2nd day of freshers.

ReputationRep:
    my personal statement is now 47 lines now!!!
    wooooo
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Lol I've written 4500 words but it's like I have noT actually said anything

ReputationRep:
    I'm not happy with my PS . There just seems to be some sort of void

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how I could link art (talent fro sketching) with medicine?

ps: I really wanna mention it but I have to justify it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.